PDA

View Full Version : Zlob.Cap.DX

ZZZZZZZ777
2006-12-28, 06:16
Spybot is telling me that I have an infection of Zlob.Cap.DX. I've searched Usenet and the web for any information that would help me confirm that by telling me what that trojan does, but can't find any. Other people here mentioned Zlob trojans bringing up ads and changing browser home pages, but I've seen nothing like that happening.

I had the same thing plus another entry from a program thats been on my computer for years!

Seems like a lot of false positives lately.....not very reassuring to say the least!

Yodama
2006-12-28, 14:29
hi,
it would be best if you attached a scanreport.
Also it is not recommended to add a complete drive to be scanned.

I can confirm, that the choice.exe from ie-spyads is beeing detected falsely.
This will be corrected with the update sceduled for friday.

For WinAVI VideoConverter, I havent found any false positives yet. Could you please also post which version you are using?

ZZZZZZZ777
2006-12-28, 18:55
hi,
it would be best if you attached a scanreport.
Also it is not recommended to add a complete drive to be scanned.

I can confirm, that the choice.exe from ie-spyads is beeing detected falsely.
This will be corrected with the update sceduled for friday.

For WinAVI VideoConverter, I havent found any false positives yet. Could you please also post which version you are using?

I'm using version 5.80 which I've been using for years and never once has any scan from any other malware scanner showed this as malware? FP as far as I'm concerned!

And as for the ZLOB entries ........there is no way that it's malware !

My other scans have always showed up clean and I don't install anything that I'm not positive about!

As the other poster stated .....this is a FP also!

tashi
2006-12-28, 19:06
Hello ZZZZZZZ777.

Yodama posted: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?p=60244#post60244

If that does not clarify, could you post your Spybot-S&D report here please.

Thanks. :)

Yodama
2007-01-02, 15:36
First of all, you are right, the items in your screenshots are false positives and will be removed from detection with the next update sceduled for friday!

I'm using version 5.80 which I've been using for years and never once has any scan from any other malware scanner showed this as malware? FP as far as I'm concerned!

And as for the ZLOB entries ........there is no way that it's malware !

My other scans have always showed up clean and I don't install anything that I'm not positive about!

Secondly, with your statements alone there was no proof at all, that the found items were false positives.
Even if you are carefull about what you install, you can always be tricked and malware can find various exploits or 'features' to install itself on your computer and modify existing files. Furthermore with the vast number of new threads constantly emerging, it is impossible for all vendors of security software to have the same detection base.

luckily you are right, thanks for reporting.