PDA

View Full Version : My Toolbars have gone whacky

legstrat
2006-12-29, 14:43
My Toolbars have gone whacky. In the last few days, when I launch a new IE window, an unwanted Yahoo toolbar also opens below my locked in Google toolbar, even though my "Toolbars locked" is checked. When I uncheck Yahoo Toolbar, Google Toolbar disappears, & when I uncheck Google Toolbar, Yahoo toolbar disappears, whether "toolbars locked" is checked or not. Also, when I have multiple IE windows open , and I go to another page from one open IE window, all open IE windows disappear from the bottom of my screen. In addition, I've noticed that I have only 3% free disk space in Drive C, even though I haven't downloaded any programs of late, & emptied Recycle Bin and temp Internet files. I've run Spybot Search & Destroy and Ad-Aware several times, with no relief. Finally, I tried to log in to Spybot forums under my user name, legstrat, but Forums didn't recognize my user name or email address from the past. I've had to re-register. Bizarre!

legstrat
2006-12-29, 15:13
Post script. I did delete an old fix that remained on my desktop recently that Tashi had helped me with long ago. I was trying to free up disk space because my 'puter showed I was very low on free space lately, as mentioned before. My toolbar problem could have cropped up only since I deleted the old fix, but I can't say for sure if that was the turning point.

pskelley
2006-12-31, 10:33
Welcome to the forum, I don't know if I can help you or not but you will have to start here:
Please be advised that most forums Pin the information you need at the top of the page. These two links are a must before you can proceed, but I suggest you review all Pinned (Sticky) information.

UPDATED WINDOWS - Your first line of defence, links and tips
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=425

"BEFORE you POST" -Preliminary Steps
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288
Use "Post Reply" to post the information in the instructions and stay in the same topic. Make sure to follow the instructions, anything less will slow the process.

Thanks

legstrat
2007-01-02, 18:34
Yes. I went thru the forum "sticky" before I contacted the forum & never saw anything relevant.. I am running Windows 2000 and have kept current in downloading all updates as they have become available. Please note that I had a problem over a year ago, that Tashi helped me with. I recently saw that my hard drive had only 4% free space for some reason, so I went thru it and deleted a "fix" icon I had on my desktop from that time, assuming the fix Tashi helped me with was downloaded & integrated on my 'puter, so I didn't need it on my desktop. Alsa... the deletion didn't free up space, and I think my current problems grew from that day.

pskelley
2007-01-02, 21:42
You may want to review those instructions again.
"BEFORE you POST" -Preliminary Steps
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Thanks

tashi
2007-01-08, 19:07
Please note that I had a problem over a year ago, that Tashi helped me with. legstrat, you only have three posts all here in this topic. :scratch:

tashi
2007-01-11, 06:38
This topic has been closed to prevent others with similar issues posting in it.

If you have not resolved the problem, please send me a private message (pm) to re-open the thread and provide a link to this thread. :)