PDA

View Full Version : Help with Perfect Keylogger

QueenMom
2006-12-30, 18:46
Hey -

I really need some help. About 18 months ago I found a keylogger on my system. Since computers make about as much sense to me as physics, I'd never heard of the term keylogger before - and had no idea about the headache I was about to encounter.

With help from my company's tech department we got the keylogger off. I found out who installed it and thought I'd dealt with the issue. The keylogger would occasionally show up in other scans I ran - but I thought the programs I was running were disabling it.

This is the first time I've run Spybot since my company had me run it during the original keylogger fiasco. I used to have McAfee but decided not to renew the subscription and now am running AVG, Ad-Aware, & ewido. The problem is, when I ran Spybot last night, the keylogger showed up again. (I've had concerns it was still there but stupidly believed it was quarantined.) I hadn't been online for a couple of weeks - and when I tried to access my email the other day, I couldn't. It turns out that someone had changed the passwords to almost every user account I have on the websites I frequent. It's taken me hours to go back and restore everything - and now I wonder if the keylogger has something to do with it. It's called Perfect Keylogger...does anyone know anything about it? Specifically if I can find out who/where it came from and how to get rid of it? I did use the "Fix Selected Problems" in Spybot...but I want to make sure it's gone and not transmitting anymore information.

Any help anyone can give me would be sincerely appreciated. This is driving me crazy!! (Please remember I'm just learning about this stuff - so the less technical jargon, the better) :red:

TIA!

tashi
2006-12-30, 19:53
I hadn't been online for a couple of weeks - and when I tried to access my email the other day, I couldn't. It turns out that someone had changed the passwords to almost every user account I have on the websites I frequent.

Your PC may have been compromised, please follow the procedure in this link: "BEFORE you POST" -Preliminary Steps (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Then start your own thread in the Malware Removal Forum (http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22)

Once you have posted a helper will advise you as soon as available. :)