PDA

View Full Version : Task Scheduler Error

redrooster775
2006-12-31, 01:07
I recently downloaded and installed Spybot S&E on my daughters computer and, when using the scheduler to set Spybot to run every night, I am getting the following error:

"An error has occurred while attempting to set task account information. The specific error is: 0x80070005: Access is denied. You do not have permission to perform the requested operation."

Can anyone offer any help in getting this resolved?

Thank you!

md usa spybot fan
2006-12-31, 02:13
Is the Windows OS up-to-date on your daughters system (XP I assume)?

There is a hotfix addressing a similar problem here:
You may receive an "0x80070005: Access is denied" error message when you create a scheduled task on a Windows XP-based computer after you install security update 841873
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/904423

spybotsandra
2007-01-01, 20:57
Hello,

Did you enter a password (your windows account password)?
A sheduled task can't run without a password.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

redrooster775
2007-01-01, 23:16
Yes, I have entered and/or set the password, but when I shedule the task to run and select apply, this is when I get the error. It has me puzzled as Spybot scheduler does not give me this error on any of my other computers.
Any thoughts?

md usa spybot fan
2007-01-01, 23:42
And did you look at the hotfix that I referenced above?

redrooster775
2007-01-03, 01:03
Yes, I contacted Microsoft (by phone) and they e-mailed me a hot-fix zip file. I extracted/ran it and it was supposed to (according to the Microsoft Certified Engineer) fix the problem. Unfortunately, upon attempting to re-initiate the scheduler portion of Spybot, I once again recieved the same error message.

Now that I have installed Microsoft's "Hotfix", should I uninstall/re-install Spybot or is that just shooting in the dark?

twoteles
2007-01-17, 16:34
So what was the final outcome Red Rooster?

I am having the same problems here and trying to get support from Microsoft is not the easiest thing in the world.

I guess it is a manual scan for both of us then?

:red:

WPBCIT
2007-01-31, 21:24
Can you email me the hotfix zip file? I'm having this problem with Windows Defender scheduling and was wondering if the hotfix would work in my case. If possible, email it to Removed. Thanks!

md usa spybot fan
2007-01-31, 21:55
WPBCIT:

By posting an email address in a public forum you are likely to get a lot of email spam.

twoteles
2007-05-07, 21:41
I also have this posted under Spybot S&D under the title of Scheduler but I am posting it here, also, in case it helps others.

Being a person who does not give up easily, I decided to email Spybot for help and I received this today:

Hello,

The password you should enter, is the password of an administrator account on your computer.

If you enter the password, the scan should run as scheduled.

--
Best Regards,
Mike
Team Spybot

.....and it works!!

Thanks Mike and all at Spybot.

Lord Cobol
2007-05-09, 01:58
I once worked around a similar error by checking (or clearing, its been a while and I don't remember) the "run only if logged on" box in the task scheduler.

mikeroger4
2010-12-08, 11:53
Hi friends,

I am providing you the link where you will get the solution to fix error 0x80070005...

http://www.completepcpedia.com/fix_0x80070005_error_task_scheduler.html

I did resolve this issue by following the procedure provided in this site..