PDA

View Full Version : Error during check - Access Violation 005A4BA7

cardsfan89
2007-01-01, 21:35
I have Spybot 1.4 with latest updates... Windows XP. I started having this problem somewhere back in November. Not sure if it was an update, or the update to 1.4. I have even tried removing and re-installing through control panel. I have no other programs even starting up except a graphics adapter thing that has always been there.

During the search in the listing box it lists everything it is searching for and has this message:

Error during check !
All-In-One Telcom [54] (Access violation at address 005A4BA7 in module 'SpybotSD.exe'. Read of address 00000004)

It appears to be that particular 005A4BA7 address because it is always the same.

Help !

spybotsandra
2007-01-02, 19:43
Hello,

Similar errors at various points during the scan have been reported on numerous occasions by people running Windows 95/98/ME systems.

The scan terminates when the error occurs.

You can translate (German to English) using:
http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/

Zugriffsverletzung bei Adresse = Access injury with address (or more correctly Access violation at address)
Modul = Module
Lesen von Adresse = Reading from address

This (in German):
Error during check!: --- various --- [Zugriffsverletzung bei Adresse 005FD5D2 in Modul 'SPYBOTSD.EXT'. Lesen von Adresse xxxxxFFF] ()
Becomes (in English):
Error during check!: --- various --- [Access violation at address 005FD5D2 in Module 'SPYBOTSD.EXT'. Reading from address xxxxxFFF] ()

The error seems to be transient in nature and other people seem to have been able to overcome the error by limiting the system resources used by other processes in the system.
In other words, run as little as possible while running the Spybot scan.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot