PDA

View Full Version : pesttrap

User Name1
2007-01-03, 17:48
Hi,

My son baought one of those new phones that uses windows media player.

It is uses vcast from verison.

He popped the cd in and somehow got a neet little bug called pesttrap.

I deleted it but am stuck with the red buttons contantly popping up saying I have a virus, and it froze my background.

I was using "spywarebegone" wich worked fine for a long time.

I made a mistake and updated "spywarebegone" and then did a system restore.

"spywarebegone" did not work after system restore.

I can undo the system restore but I figured I may as well go with Spybot SD because I liked the forum here.

I'm going to be a lot of work.............Can you send me to the page about pesttrap removal with my symptoms?

Thanks UN1

pskelley
2007-01-03, 19:19
Welcome to the forum, you must have missed the sticky (Pinned) information at the top of the page, they are all valuable information but you need this one to start:
"BEFORE you POST" -Preliminary Steps
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288
Use "Post Reply" to post the information in the instructions and stay in the same topic.

Thanks

User Name1
2007-01-04, 06:08
Welcome to the forum, you must have missed the sticky (Pinned) information at the top of the page, they are all valuable information but you need this one to start:
"BEFORE you POST" -Preliminary Steps
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288
Use "Post Reply" to post the information in the instructions and stay in the same topic.

Thanks

Thanks pskelly,

Looks like hours of work.......days for me.

Guess there is no easy way to get a clean system when it's been neglected so long.

pskelley
2007-01-04, 14:55
Not that i know off, the stuff comes out a lot harder than it goes in. Sometimes we are lucky and the removal is easier, no way I can even start to tell what the problem is until you provide the diagnostic information requested in the information I posted earlier.
I will however suggest that the junk will not go away on it's own and often more junk is downloaded by the infection when you go online. My best call would be to stay offline until you are clean. Since I also do not know what we are dealing with, I would suggest, if you use the computer for secure functions, like credit card transactions, banking, etc. that you take precautions to protect yourself.

I will also request that you do not "Quote" my instructions. They are there if we need to scroll back to view them and that just makes the topic longer and more difficult to work with.

Thanks

tashi
2007-01-10, 09:53
This topic has been closed to prevent others with similar issues posting in it.
If you need it re-opened please send me or your helper a private message (pm) and provide a link to the thread.

Applies only to the original topic starter.