PDA

View Full Version : trojan downloader conhook

Jed Clampet
2005-12-06, 02:05
Let me start off saying that I'm 30 miles from town, with a 24Kbps dial up connex. I ordered a copy of W2K SP4 from microsoft, rather than waiting 12 hrs to dl it from winupdate. I came across this site, and DL'd Spybot and HJT. Just to be more prepared to ask for help.
IF the DL'n and scan'n can be kept to a min, I'd appreciate it. Online scans sometimes take 30-40 mins. With such a slow hookup,and this dang trojan eating up what little bandwidth I've got, any programs that are zipped would be helpfull.

I've noticed that this trojan is changing its dll's as I try to remove it.

Thanks a BUNCH in advance.

HJT:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 7:06:29 PM, on 12/5/2005
Platform: Windows 2000 SP2 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\MSTask.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\WRSSSDK.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\WBEM\WinMgmt.exe
C:\WINNT\csrss.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Hardware\Mouse\point32.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe
C:\WINNT\System32\taskmgr.exe
C:\WINNT\explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=73idi1
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [POINTER] C:\Program Files\Microsoft Hardware\Mouse\point32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Synchronization Manager] mobsync.exe /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpySweeper] "C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe" /startintray
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{D9558BDD-44BB-4379-B20C-0EEDCDF84407}: NameServer = 209.244.0.3 209.244.0.4
O20 - Winlogon Notify: iiiif - C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\iiiif.dll
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINNT\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service (dmadmin) - VERITAS Software Corp. - C:\WINNT\System32\dmadmin.exe
O23 - Service: Webroot Spy Sweeper Engine (svcWRSSSDK) - Webroot Software, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\WRSSSDK.exe
O23 - Service: Windows Time Sync (wservtime) - Unknown owner - C:\WINNT\csrss.exe

LonnyRJones
2005-12-06, 12:29
Hi Jed
Welcome to the forum

Is your Spysweeper the current version and updated ?

Reboot into safe mode and delete this file at only this location

C:\WINNT\csrss.exe

while still in safe mode run SpyBot then Sweeper
and have them fix anything found

Reboot back to normal , once back make and post another log

Why dont we see an antivirus program ?

Jed Clampet
2005-12-08, 04:55
Well, no Anti-Virus because I was waiting for my copy of W2K/SP4. Guess what was in the mail yesterday.
I started with a fresh reload of Win2k W/ SP4, Norton System Works, AdAware SE, and Spybot S&D.
Things seem to be runnin pretty well, now. I'm getting about 21 Kbps for downloads, again. I got Spybot S&D in about 25 mins.:p I sure miss my cable modem, I had in town.

After deleted csrss.exe in safe mode, my computer would not boot. ??

LonnyRJones
2005-12-08, 05:28
Hi

Im confused, is the pc running well or not bootable ?
Did you delete the correct csrss.exe, it is of cource lagitamat if in the system32 folder

PS i would take the time to download install update and scan with an antivirus program, (not just an online scan) before installing SP4.

If possible zip up and attach this file to your next reply
C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\iiiif.dll

tashi
2005-12-15, 00:27
Due to lack of a response this topic will be archived.
If you need the topic reopened please pm me.