PDA

View Full Version : Serious Teatimer Problem

Divelucaya
2007-01-07, 19:13
Today I uninstalled a browser toolbar I no longer wanted. Apparently, when I first installed the toolbar I selected to allow the registry change and to remember the decision. Immediately after uninstalling the toolbar the entire right side of my monitor started filling with Teatimer windows indicating the registry change was denied, all the windows showing the same registry value. There were at least 10-15 windows filling the right side in two columns. About half way up the second column, two windows flashed open and then closed. This happened repeatedly until the only way I could stop it was to close Teatimer. When I restarted Teatimer, the same thing started happening. When I rebooted my computer, the same thing happened again.

Now, the real problem is that when I right clicked the Teatimer icon, before I could select "Settings, the menu disappeared as soon as the two windows started opening and closing. I could not get enough time to select "Settings" so that I could unblock the registry change.

So now I am without Teatimer because every time I restart it I get all these windows with two of them flashing open and closed. There needs to be a way to change Teatimer settings (that is, the list of allowed and unallowed processes and registry changes) without opening Teatimer, maybe from within Spybot.

md usa spybot fan
2007-01-07, 19:50
Divelucaya:

If you check "Remember this decision" during Registry change alerts, the information is stored in a file named either RegKeyWhite.sbe or RegKeyBlack.sbe depending on whether it was an "Allow change" or a "Deny change". The locations of the RegKeyWhite.sbe and RegKeyBlack.sbe files are:
Windows 95/98
C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Excludes
Windows ME
C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Excludes
Windows NT/2000/XP
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Excludes
To get Spybot to forget a permanent decision, you can use a text editor such as Notpad to remove the entry (line) that represents the decision you want eliminate. You can also delete the entire file and all of that type of decision will be forgotten.

Divelucaya
2007-01-09, 21:01
Thanks for the help. I was finally able to resolve the problem by repeatedly trying to select "Settings." Once I finally was able to do this I changed the settings. But I did try your suggestion and opened RegKeyBlack.sbe with a text editor and saw the offending registry keys still in the list. After I deleted them I opened up "Settings" again and the registry keys I deleted from the .sbe file were still in the Blocked Registry Changes. I don't know why they did not disappear after I edited the file, but as long I don't have the flashing Teatimer windows that is what matters the most.

I do appreciate your response because if the problem happens again, at least I have an alternate method of trying to resolve it without having to outgun the flashing boxes. :bigthumb: