PDA

View Full Version : [Second PC]Too many items to list here: please help!

Ro-Ann
2007-01-12, 20:26
Hi, this is Anne.

I'm posting about the second of three computers.
My aim is to clean them all out in order to install Windows SP2.

This computer had Pest Capture, like I read about in other threads.
I think I removed the Zlob with Spybot.

However, it's obvious this computer is rife with pests and I am in serious trouble here.

As per the instructions "before you post", I ran HouseCall. (Explorer wouldn't work, so I used Firefox and needed HouseCall rather than Panda.) HouseCall took 24 hours to complete the scan. I would like to post its log, but I do not see the button. When I clicked "clean up", it told me that important information might be lost if I proceeded, so I cancelled the cleanup and left the results on screen. I dared not clean up before I got your advice.

Instead of a proper log, I'll give you a screen copy of the results. Please bear with me - help me find the log button? (It's too stupid for words... sorry...)

While this ran, my McAfee and Antivir reported numerous other problems, such as
- Exploit-ObscuredHtml
- VBS/Psyme
- JS/Exploit-GB.gen
TR/Dldr.Zlob.AHV
TR/Java.Downloader.Gen (twice)
TR/Dldr.Zlob.bis.1
JS/OpenConnect.J.3
apparently all deletable...

Hope this machine can be saved.

Thanks a million.....

Anne

Screen info:

Detected malware

Note: Complete removal of the malware listed below failed! If you require general hints and tips to solve the problem, please click here. Malware specific information is available from the relevant malware section.

JAVA_BYTEVER.C
1 Infections

Transfering more information about this malware...
General information about this type of malware.
There is currently no more information available for this malware...
This JAVA malware is found in malicious Web sites as part of a Web page applet. It comes in the form of a compiled Java class, and may be called from ...
Aliasnames: no more aliase names known
Platform: Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP
First occurence: Not specified
General risk rate Very lowLowMediumHigh

This JAVA malware is found in malicious Web sites as part of a Web page applet. It comes in the form of a compiled Java class, and may be called from an HTML page.

It exploits the ByteVerifier vulnerability in unpatched versions of Microsoft (MS) Java Virtual Machine, which could allow a file to be downloaded and executed without a userÂ’s knowledge.

It connects to the following Web site where it downloads a file and saves it as LOADNEW.EXE:

hxxx://ifralars.biz/dl/loadadv479.exe

It then executes the file, which is detected by Trend Micro as TROJ_SMALL.OI.

Some infections of this malware could not be removed automatically! You can manually select "Remove" and perform another "cleanup" to try and solve this problem.
Alternatively, you may click here to receive detailed instructions on how to remove these infections manually.
Cleanup options Clean all detected Infections automatically
Select an individual action for each detected infection.
Infected operating systemChecking this line will take no action on the infection Checking this column will clean the infectionWarning: Checking this column will delete the infection (e.g. the infected file) from your hard disk.Files infected by this malwareThis will display all the files infected by the above malware.ReasonThis column indicates the reason why cleanup failed.The system denied access to the fileThe current pattern does not support cleanup

JAVA_BYTEVER.A
2 Infections

This malware is a component of a malicious Java archive file (JAR) that resides in a malicious Web site. System affected by the malware JS_FORTNIG...
Aliasnames: ByteVerify
Platform: Windows 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP, Server 2003

This malware is a component of a malicious Java archive file (JAR) that resides in a malicious Web site. System affected by the malware JS_FORTNIGHT.B are redirected to this Web site.

This malware calls and executes another malware, JAVA_JJBLACK.C, which results in modifications to the browser and registry settings of the infected system.

This is Trend Micro's detection for JAVA classes that exploit a known vulnerability in Microsoft Virtual Machine in Windows Operating Systems and Internet Explorer. This flaw allows malicious users to execute codes of his or her choice when a user visits an infected Web site. Notably, users of Sun JVM are not affected by this malware.

For more information on the said vulnerability, please refer to the following Web pages:

* Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-011
* CVE-2003-0111

Some infections of this malware could not be removed automatically! You can manually select "Remove" and perform another "cleanup" to try and solve this problem.
Alternatively, you may click here to receive detailed instructions on how to remove these infections manually.
Infected operating systemChecking this line will take no action on the infection Checking this column will clean the infectionWarning: Checking this column will delete the infection (e.g. the infected file) from your hard disk.Files infected by this malwareThis will display all the files infected by the above malware.ReasonThis column indicates the reason why cleanup failed.The system denied access to the fileThe current pattern does not support cleanup
TITLE_OF_MALWARE
0 Infections

Platform: Not specified

Detected signatures
EICAR signature
0 Signatures
The detected signature is not a security risk; it is designed to test antivirus scanners. The listed files are not infected. They only contain the EICAR signature.
Take no action on signatures on the machineDelete signatures. Warning! Deleting this column will remove all associated signature files.EICAR filesThis will display all file paths of the above signatureReasonno accessnot supported
Detected grayware/spyware

Note: Complete removal of the grayware listed below failed! If you require general hints and tips to solve the problem, please click here. Grayware specific information is available from the relevant grayware section.

FREELOADER_DRIVERCLEANER
1 Infections

Transfering information about this grayware/spyware...
General information about this type of grayware/spyware.
There is currently no more information available for this grayware/spyware...

Some infections of this grayware/spyware could not be removed automatically!
Click here to receive instructions on how to remove this type of infection manually.
Cleanup options Clean all detected infections automatically
Select an individual action for each detected infection
Files infected by this grayware/spywareSelecting this line will take no action on the infection Selecting this column will clean the infectionWarning: Selecting this column will delete the infection (e.g. the infected file) from your hard diskFiles infected by this grayware/spywareThis will display all the files infected by the above grayware/malware.ReasonThis column indicates the reason why cleanup failed.The system denied access to the fileThe current pattern does not support cleanup

ADWARE_BHOT_IMYONBAR
1 Infections

Click here to receive instructions on how to remove this type of infection manually.
Files infected by this grayware/spywareSelecting this line will take no action on the infection Selecting this column will clean the infectionWarning: Selecting this column will delete the infection (e.g. the infected file) from your hard diskFiles infected by this grayware/spywareThis will display all the files infected by the above grayware/malware.ReasonThis column indicates the reason why cleanup failed.The system denied access to the fileThe current pattern does not support cleanup

TSPY_SCKEYLOG.F
1 Infections

ADW_BRAVESEN.G
3 Infections

Adware is software that displays advertising banners on Web browsers such as Internet Explorer and Mozilla. While not categorized as malware, many users consider adware invasive. Adware progra...

Adware is software that displays advertising banners on Web browsers such as Internet Explorer and Mozilla. While not categorized as malware, many users consider adware invasive. Adware programs often create unwanted effects on a system, such as annoying popup ads and, in some instances, the degradation in either network connection or system performance.

Adware programs are typically installed as separate programs that are bundled with certain free software. Many users inadvertently agree to installing adware by accepting the End User License Agreement (EULA) on the free software.

Adware are also often installed in tandem with spyware programs. Both programs feed off of each other's functionalities - spyware programs profile users' Internet behavior, while adware programs display targeted ads that correspond to the gathered user profiles.

Other topic: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=10405

Ro-Ann
2007-01-12, 22:01
Hi there Tashi,
I noticed you had to disable a link that I posted.
I'll double-check my post next time before I upload.
The problem is my screen didn't show the text I posted...
HouseCall is "idle" and its links to further information do not work.
Interestingly, the underlying text did appear when I posted flat text in the forum.
Thanks,
Anne

Ro-Ann
2007-01-12, 23:15
Hi people,
My computer was so slow and the HouseCall stuff so useless, that I decided to change tactics and follow the advice I got for my first computer.
ASAP, I will report back with amended problem descriptions.
Till then, thanks,
Anne

Ro-Ann
2007-01-13, 03:16
Hello people,

Since my last post on computer #2, I took the following steps:
- uninstalled McAfee, now only AntiVir running. [I left the log on the computer, probably a mistake?]
- upgraded Java
- ran SpyBot, nothing came up
- ran AVG-check, saved log
- ran AntiVir, saved log
- ran Panda with Explorer, log below
- ran HiJackThis, log below
in this order.

If AVG and AntiVir results are relevant, please let me know.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Thanx, Anne

First, the Panda file:

Incident Status Location

Adware:adware/safetybar Not disinfected c:\documents and settings\all users\bureaublad\Online Security Guide.url
Adware:adware/look2me Not disinfected Windows Registry
Spyware:spyware/searchcentrix Not disinfected Windows Registry
Spyware:Cookie/Ccbill Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\R. Van Dijck\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\Default User\afvrt8yn.slt\cookies.txt[.ccbill.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Maxserving Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\R. Van Dijck\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\Default User\afvrt8yn.slt\cookies.txt[.maxserving.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/DriveCleaner Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\R. Van Dijck\Cookies\r. van dijck@drivecleaner[2].txt

Now HiJackThis:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 3:08:39, on 13-1-2007
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Winamp\Winampa.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe
C:\Program Files\MessengerPlus! 3\MsgPlus.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\R5F02~1.VAN\LOCALS~1\Temp\2007112224347_mcinfo.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe
C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange 3\pdfSaver\pdfSaver3.exe
C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\sched.exe
C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avguard.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\snmp.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\WgaTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.908.5008\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avgnt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\HelpSvc.exe
C:\malwareprogrammas\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/fix_homepage
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName = Koppelingen
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - (no file)
N4 - Mozilla: user_pref("browser.startup.homepage", "http://www.lnjwknqquvsgckkcxuqqhf.us/VdMG7eZDlOTYaxqaxhn21yKobsjqPwMIWmyTOaLSs5k.html"); (C:\Documents and Settings\R. Van Dijck\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\5svquj0m.slt\prefs.js)
N4 - Mozilla: user_pref("browser.search.defaultengine", "engine://C%3A%5CPROGRA%7E1%5CNetscape%5CNetscape%5Csearchplugins%5CSBWeb_02.src"); (C:\Documents and Settings\R. Van Dijck\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\5svquj0m.slt\prefs.js)
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar3.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar3.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] "C:\Program Files\Winamp\Winampa.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools] "C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe" -lang 1033
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MessengerPlus3] "C:\Program Files\MessengerPlus! 3\MsgPlus.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avgnt] "C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avgnt.exe" /min
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [msci] C:\DOCUME~1\R5F02~1.VAN\LOCALS~1\Temp\2007112224347_mcinfo.exe /insfin
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!AVG Anti-Spyware] "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe" /minimized
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe -quiet
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Skype] "C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /nosplash /minimized
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Spyware Assassin v.4.0] "C:\Program Files\Spyware Assassin 4.0\Spyware Assassin.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [pdfSaver3] "C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange 3\pdfSaver\pdfSaver3.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Google Desktop Search] "C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe" /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.0.720.3640\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Voorlezen (met Fluency leeshulp) - C:\Program Files\Fluency leeshulp\leeshulp.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
O12 - Plugin for .htm: C:\Program Files\\Netscape\\Netscape Browser\PLUGINS\npTrident.dll
O16 - DPF: {00B71CFB-6864-4346-A978-C0A14556272C} (Checkers Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/msgrchkr.cab
O16 - DPF: {2917297F-F02B-4B9D-81DF-494B6333150B} (Minesweeper Flags Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/MineSweeper.cab
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yinsthelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://eternalconquest.spaces.live.com//PhotoUpload/MsnPUpld.cab
O16 - DPF: {6211AC26-A1B4-422A-AC52-1E70B7D24465} (FileSharingCtrl Class) - http://appdirectory.messenger.msn.com/AppDirectory/P4Apps/FileSharing/nl/filesharingctrl.cab
O16 - DPF: {8E0D4DE5-3180-4024-A327-4DFAD1796A8D} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/MessengerStatsClient.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5free/asinst.cab
O16 - DPF: {B9191F79-5613-4C76-AA2A-398534BB8999} - http://us.dl1.yimg.com/download.yahoo.com/dl/installs/suite/yautocomplete.cab
O16 - DPF: {C4925E65-7A1E-11D2-8BB4-00A0C9CC72C3} (Virtools WebPlayer Class) - http://a532.g.akamai.net/f/532/6712/4h/player.virtools.com/downloads/player/Install3.0/Installer.exe
O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0014-0001-0002-ABCDEFFEDCBA} (Java Runtime Environment 1.4.1_02) -
O16 - DPF: {F6BF0D00-0B2A-4A75-BF7B-F385591623AF} (Solitaire Showdown Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/SolitaireShowdown.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{4B3A17CC-7DBC-4B90-97C4-FB130690693D}: NameServer = 10.0.0.138
O18 - Protocol: livecall - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O20 - Winlogon Notify: explorer - explorer.dll (file missing)
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O21 - SSODL: carbinyl - {8d8c2387-7f80-4022-9be6-43630a969558} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\gwquvw.dll (file missing)
O23 - Service: AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic Scheduler (AntiVirScheduler) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\sched.exe
O23 - Service: AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic Guard (AntiVirService) - AVIRA GmbH - C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avguard.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1150\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: SoundMAX Agent Service (SoundMAX Agent Service (default)) - Analog Devices, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe

Ro-Ann
2007-01-13, 13:39
Hi there,
Decided to mark my post, since it may look like work is in progress (me having posted a couple of times myself) when it isn't.
Hope to get in touch...
Thanks,
Anne

pskelley
2007-01-17, 01:41
Hello Anne and welcome back. I promise to look at all of the information you posted, I am sure it is important, but I am a bit tired after swinging my sword to kill malware since 4:30 AM EST. I want to start you with information and suggestions.

C:\Program Files\MessengerPlus! 3\MsgPlus.exe <<< while not technically malware, please read what CastleCops has to say about this junk:
http://www.castlecops.com/startuplist-2034.html
I suggest you uninstall it in Add Remove Programs.

Spyware Assassin v.4.0 <<< this is a rouge malware program, see this: http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm
SpywareAssassin spywareassassin.com
maxtheater.com
xp67.com aggressive, deceptive advertising (1, 2); vendor prosecuted by FTC (1, 2); false positives work as goad to purchase; no EULA/Privacy Policy; uses out-of-date reference database; same app as Adware Hitman, Consumer Identity, Protect Your Identity, SpyBan, Spyware C.O.P., SpywareKilla, The Adware Hunter, & TheSpywareKiller [A: 7-4-04 / U: 3-11-05]
and it should not be on your computer.

C:\malwareprogrammas\HijackThis.exe <<< make sure you do not store anything in that folder except HJT related. If you have other programs in that folder, move HJT.exe to C:\HJT\HijackThis.exe. Move the log that is there also.

You have items in your log that are resource wasters and related to the Alexa toolbar. Few folks use Alexa, if you are one who does, make me aware in your next post.

The N4 lines related to Mozilla. Do you have any idea what they are? I am not real familiar with Mozilla in the HJT log, look here:
http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/htlogtutorial.php
What to do:
Usually the Netscape and Mozilla homepage and search page are safe. They rarely get hijacked, only Lop.com has been known to do this. Should you see an URL you don't recognize as your homepage or search page, have HijackThis fix it.

What I fear is that this is the case because of this junk:
MessengerPlus! 3\MsgPlus.exe which is downloaded with LOP/C2Media if the sponsor program is downloaded with it. This would mean whoever did this neglected to read the EULA agreement. See what you can tell me about this, we may have to remove LOP which can be a pain.

Instructions:
Download Smitfraudfix from here: http://siri.geekstogo.com/SmitfraudFix.php
Follow only these instructions:
Search:
Double-click SmitfraudFix.exe
Select 1 and hit Enter to create a report of the infected files. The report can be found at the root of the system drive, usually at C:\rapport.txt

Please post that C:\rapport.txt and the information I requested above. Save any other scan reports or logs you have in case I ask for them.

This one may take a while and I suggest you keep the computer offline except when necessary until we get it clean.

Thanks...Phil

Ro-Ann
2007-01-17, 14:05
Hi Phil,
Thanks for coming to the rescue again; I'll get cracking.
I am indeed not the only user of this PC, so I may not have all the answers right and ready.
So, I'll also have some educating to do. Thanks for providing the first tools for that, such as the link about Messenger!
Have a good rest.
Anne

pskelley
2007-01-17, 14:29
You are sure welcome, I want to be positive, because you said Messenger. I am talking about ONLY MessengerPlus! 3\MsgPlus.exe. This item has NOTHING to do with other programs like MSN Instant Messenger, etc. I have little doubt at this point that it was download without care taken to read the EULA agreement: http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/E/EULA.html and I am fairly sure your computer is infected with LOP/C2Media as described in the CastleCops link. This is something that will have to be removed during the process. If you have questions as we proceed, please ask them.

Thanks

Ro-Ann
2007-01-17, 16:29
Hi Phil,

- I think got it right with the msg. I removed it with Add/Remove.
In order not to affront the person who installed it, I left user prefs but removed third party items?

- I could not find Spyware Assassin in the list or with a search. Where do I uninstall?

- Followed instr. about HJT.

- Had HJT fix lines about Mozilla which looked odd to me.

- Do not use Alexa

- Below's the log from SmitFraudFix.

Till next time, tnx,

Anne

SmitFraudFix v2.132

Scan done at 16:22:46,39, wo 17-01-2007
Run from C:\Program Files\SmitfraudFix
OS: Microsoft Windows XP [versie 5.1.2600] - Windows_NT
The filesystem type is NTFS
Fix run in normal mode

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\WINDOWS

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\WINDOWS\system

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\WINDOWS\Web

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\WINDOWS\system32

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\Documents and Settings\R. Van Dijck

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\Documents and Settings\R. Van Dijck\Application Data

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Start Menu

C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\MENUST~1\Online Security Guide.url FOUND !
C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\MENUST~1\Security Troubleshooting.url FOUND !

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\DOCUME~1\R5F02~1.VAN\FAVORI~1

C:\DOCUME~1\R5F02~1.VAN\FAVORI~1\Online Security Test.url FOUND !

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Desktop

C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\BUREAU~1\Online Security Guide.url FOUND !
C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\BUREAU~1\Security Troubleshooting.url FOUND !

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\Program Files

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Corrupted keys

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Desktop Components

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\Components\0]
"Source"="About:Home"
"SubscribedURL"="About:Home"
"FriendlyName"="Mijn huidige introductiepagina"

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Sharedtaskscheduler
!!!Attention, following keys are not inevitably infected!!!

SrchSTS.exe by S!Ri
Search SharedTaskScheduler's .dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SharedTaskScheduler]
"{8d8c2387-7f80-4022-9be6-43630a969558}"="carbinyl"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{8d8c2387-7f80-4022-9be6-43630a969558}\InProcServer32]
@="C:\WINDOWS\System32\gwquvw.dll"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\CLSID\{8d8c2387-7f80-4022-9be6-43630a969558}\InProcServer32]

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» AppInit_DLLs

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]
"AppInit_DLLs"=""

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Winlogon.System

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"System"=""

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» pe386-msguard-lzx32

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Scanning wininet.dll infection

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» End

pskelley
2007-01-17, 16:52
Thanks for returning your information and the feedback. As you can see Smitfraudfix located the infection, screenshots and the instructions in Francais and Deutsch are both available at the top of the Download link if it helps. Let's get rid of it first, like this:

Clean:
Reboot your computer in Safe Mode (before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually)
Double-click SmitfraudFix.exe
Select 2 and hit Enter to delete infect files.
You will be prompted: Do you want to clean the registry ? answer Y (yes) and hit Enter in order to remove the Desktop background and clean registry keys associated with the infection.
The tool will now check if wininet.dll is infected. You may be prompted to replace the infected file (if found): Replace infected file ? answer Y (yes) and hit Enter to restore a clean file.
A reboot may be needed to finish the cleaning process. The report can be found at the root of the system drive, usually at C:\rapport.txt

Optional:
To restore Trusted and Restricted site zone, select 3 and hit Enter.
You will be prompted: Restore Trusted Zone ? answer Y (yes) and hit Enter to delete trusted zone.
Note, if you use SpywareBlaster and/or IE-SPYAD, it will be necessary to re-install the protection both afford. For SpywareBlaster, run the program and re-protect all items. For IE-SPYAD, run the batch file and reinstall the protection.

Restart the computer and post the C:\rapport.txt and a new HJT log.
Please post any comments you think will help.

Thanks

Ro-Ann
2007-01-18, 13:55
Hi Phil,
Here are the results of HJT and SMF.
Remarks:
- SMF did not replace wininet.dll
- Pest Capture icon still on the desktop.
Thanks!
Anne

HJT

Scan saved at 13:50:06, on 18-1-2007

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\HJT\HijackThis.exe

N4 - Mozilla: user_pref("browser.startup.homepage", "http://home.netscape.com/"); (C:\Documents and Settings\R. Van Dijck\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\5svquj0m.slt\prefs.js)
N4 - Mozilla: user_pref("browser.search.defaultengine", "engine://C%3A%5CPROGRA%7E1%5CNetscape%5CNetscape%5Csearchplugins%5CSBWeb_02.src"); (C:\Documents and Settings\R. Van Dijck\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\5svquj0m.slt\prefs.js)
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar3.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar3.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools] "C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe" -lang 1033
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avgnt] "C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avgnt.exe" /min
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [msci] C:\DOCUME~1\R5F02~1.VAN\LOCALS~1\Temp\2007112224347_mcinfo.exe /insfin
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!AVG Anti-Spyware] "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe" /minimized
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe -quiet
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Skype] "C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /nosplash /minimized
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [pdfSaver3] "C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange 3\pdfSaver\pdfSaver3.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Google Desktop Search] "C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe" /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.0.720.3640\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Voorlezen (met Fluency leeshulp) - C:\Program Files\Fluency leeshulp\leeshulp.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
O12 - Plugin for .htm: C:\Program Files\\Netscape\\Netscape Browser\PLUGINS\npTrident.dll
O16 - DPF: {00B71CFB-6864-4346-A978-C0A14556272C} (Checkers Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/msgrchkr.cab
O16 - DPF: {2917297F-F02B-4B9D-81DF-494B6333150B} (Minesweeper Flags Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/MineSweeper.cab
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yinsthelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://eternalconquest.spaces.live.com//PhotoUpload/MsnPUpld.cab
O16 - DPF: {6211AC26-A1B4-422A-AC52-1E70B7D24465} (FileSharingCtrl Class) - http://appdirectory.messenger.msn.com/AppDirectory/P4Apps/FileSharing/nl/filesharingctrl.cab
O16 - DPF: {8E0D4DE5-3180-4024-A327-4DFAD1796A8D} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/MessengerStatsClient.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5free/asinst.cab
O16 - DPF: {B9191F79-5613-4C76-AA2A-398534BB8999} - http://us.dl1.yimg.com/download.yahoo.com/dl/installs/suite/yautocomplete.cab
O16 - DPF: {C4925E65-7A1E-11D2-8BB4-00A0C9CC72C3} (Virtools WebPlayer Class) - http://a532.g.akamai.net/f/532/6712/4h/player.virtools.com/downloads/player/Install3.0/Installer.exe
O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0014-0001-0002-ABCDEFFEDCBA} (Java Runtime Environment 1.4.1_02) -
O16 - DPF: {F6BF0D00-0B2A-4A75-BF7B-F385591623AF} (Solitaire Showdown Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/SolitaireShowdown.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{4B3A17CC-7DBC-4B90-97C4-FB130690693D}: NameServer = 10.0.0.138
O18 - Protocol: livecall - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O21 - SSODL: carbinyl - {8d8c2387-7f80-4022-9be6-43630a969558} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\gwquvw.dll (file missing)
O23 - Service: AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic Scheduler (AntiVirScheduler) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\sched.exe
O23 - Service: AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic Guard (AntiVirService) - AVIRA GmbH - C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avguard.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1150\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: SoundMAX Agent Service (SoundMAX Agent Service (default)) - Analog Devices, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe

SMF

SmitFraudFix v2.132

Scan done at 13:10:22,42, do 18-01-2007
Run from C:\Program Files\SmitfraudFix
OS: Microsoft Windows XP [versie 5.1.2600] - Windows_NT
The filesystem type is NTFS
Fix run in safe mode

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Before SmitFraudFix

SrchSTS.exe by S!Ri

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SharedTaskScheduler]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\CLSID\{8d8c2387-7f80-4022-9be6-43630a969558}\InProcServer32]

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Killing process

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Generic Renos Fix

GenericRenosFix by S!Ri

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Deleting infected files

C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\BUREAU~1\Online Security Guide.url Deleted
C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\BUREAU~1\Security Troubleshooting.url Deleted
C:\DOCUME~1\R5F02~1.VAN\FAVORI~1\Online Security Test.url Deleted
C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\MENUST~1\Online Security Guide.url Deleted
C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\MENUST~1\Security Troubleshooting.url Deleted

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Deleting Temp Files

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Winlogon.System

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"System"=""

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Registry Cleaning

Registry Cleaning done.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» After SmitFraudFix

SrchSTS.exe by S!Ri

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» End

pskelley
2007-01-18, 14:30
Thanks for returning your information and the feedback. We have a little more cleaning to do.

SMF did not replace wininet.dllTo my understanding of S!Ri's fix, that would only happen if the file was infected and most often it is not.

Pest Capture icon still on the desktop.
Perhaps it will be gone with the next removal, if it is an icon on the Desktop (shortcut) try right clicking and delete it, that may be all that is left. To be sure nothing is in Add Remove programs, please post your uninstall list:
Open Hijackthis.
Click the "Open the Misc Tools" section Button.
Click the "Open Uninstall Manager" Button.
Click the "Save list..." Button.
Save it to your desktop. Copy and paste the contents into your reply.

For starters I need to call your attention to the fact that when you run MSConfig in Selective Startup mode, we can not be sure what malware may be hidden we can not see. I need to see the HJT log with everything enabled in MSConfig. You should be able to return to SS as soon as you capture the HJT log.
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune
http://www.atribune.org/content/view/25/2/
Save it to your Desktop. We will use this later.

AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5: Deactivate the Resident Shield- Before proceeding, deactivate the "Resident Shield" as this may prevent changes to the registry.
- To do this, click "Change State" to the right of the Resident Shield option in the main window.
- You will clearly see the status change to Inactive if you have done this correctly.

Open HijackThis and choose "Do a system scan only" then check the box in front of these line items:

O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm G
(next item does not identify, if you are positive it is safe, you may leave it)
O16 - DPF: {6211AC26-A1B4-422A-AC52-1E70B7D24465} (FileSharingCtrl Class) - http://appdirectory.messenger.msn.co...haringctrl.cab

Close all programs but HJT and all browser windows, then click on "Fix Checked"

I would like to see the scan results from an up to date AVG Anti-Spyware scan. Please be sure to download the newest data bases, and delete or quarantine anything the program locates. Please use this tutorial and follow those instructions.
http://forums.security-central.us/showthread.php?t=3165

Run ATF Cleaner
Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Click Select All found at the bottom of the list.
Click the Empty Selected button.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

Restart the computer and post the AVG Anti-Spyware scan results, the uninstall list and a new HJT log. Please include any comments you think will help.

Thanks...Phil

Ro-Ann
2007-01-18, 18:15
Hi Phil,

I never knew the startup was set to selective!
I unchecked that this time, so that should give more info.

Remarks:
During the AVG scan, Avira came up with 4 or 5 alerts that it had encountered different variants of Zlob. I deleted them. Plus a file called A0220703, that supposedly looked like a phishing tool, FraudTool SpySheriff?

Below, the AVG report.
In next posts, uninstall list (made that before I restarted in normal mode, is that a problem?) and HJT log.

Curious to hear what you find.

Thanks,

Anne

---------------------------------------------------------
AVG Anti-Spyware - Scan Report
---------------------------------------------------------

+ Created at: 17:17:07 18-1-2007

+ Scan result:

C:\System Volume Information\_restore{CCE5CFEF-53B2-4AE0-ACF4-C60931967B4E}\RP1115\A0220702.dll -> Adware.SpyMarshal : No action taken.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{CCE5CFEF-53B2-4AE0-ACF4-C60931967B4E}\RP1115\A0220704.dll -> Adware.SpyMarshal : No action taken.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{CCE5CFEF-53B2-4AE0-ACF4-C60931967B4E}\RP1110\A0218230.exe -> Downloader.Zlob : No action taken.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{CCE5CFEF-53B2-4AE0-ACF4-C60931967B4E}\RP1110\A0218238.exe -> Downloader.Zlob : No action taken.

::Report end

Ro-Ann
2007-01-18, 18:16
Ad-aware 6 Personal
Ad-Aware SE Personal
Adobe Download Manager 2.0 (alleen verwijderen)
Adobe Flash Player 9 ActiveX
Adobe Photoshop Album 2.0 Starter Edition
Adobe Reader 7.0
Ant War
ArcVoyager WereldWijs
ATI Control Panel
ATI Display Driver
ATI HydraVision
AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5
Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic
Beveiligingsupdate for Windows Media Player 10 (KB911565)
Beveiligingsupdate for Windows Media Player 10 (KB917734)
Beveiligingsupdate for Windows XP (KB904706)
Beveiligingsupdate voor Windows Media Player (KB911564)
Beveiligingsupdate voor Windows XP (KB890046)
Beveiligingsupdate voor Windows XP (KB893756)
Beveiligingsupdate voor Windows XP (KB896358)
Beveiligingsupdate voor Windows XP (KB896422)
Beveiligingsupdate voor Windows XP (KB896423)
Beveiligingsupdate voor Windows XP (KB896424)
Beveiligingsupdate voor Windows XP (KB896426)
Beveiligingsupdate voor Windows XP (KB896428)
Beveiligingsupdate voor Windows XP (KB899587)
Beveiligingsupdate voor Windows XP (KB899588)
Beveiligingsupdate voor Windows XP (KB899591)
Beveiligingsupdate voor Windows XP (KB900725)
Beveiligingsupdate voor Windows XP (KB901017)
Beveiligingsupdate voor Windows XP (KB901214)
Beveiligingsupdate voor Windows XP (KB902400)
Beveiligingsupdate voor Windows XP (KB905414)
Beveiligingsupdate voor Windows XP (KB905495)
Beveiligingsupdate voor Windows XP (KB905749)
Beveiligingsupdate voor Windows XP (KB908519)
Beveiligingsupdate voor Windows XP (KB908531)
Beveiligingsupdate voor Windows XP (KB911562)
Beveiligingsupdate voor Windows XP (KB911927)
Beveiligingsupdate voor Windows XP (KB912919)
Beveiligingsupdate voor Windows XP (KB913446)
Beveiligingsupdate voor Windows XP (KB913580)
Beveiligingsupdate voor Windows XP (KB914388)
Beveiligingsupdate voor Windows XP (KB914389)
Beveiligingsupdate voor Windows XP (KB917159)
Beveiligingsupdate voor Windows XP (KB917344)
Beveiligingsupdate voor Windows XP (KB917422)
Beveiligingsupdate voor Windows XP (KB917953)
Beveiligingsupdate voor Windows XP (KB919007)
Beveiligingsupdate voor Windows XP (KB920670)
Beveiligingsupdate voor Windows XP (KB920683)
Beveiligingsupdate voor Windows XP (KB920685)
Beveiligingsupdate voor Windows XP (KB921398)
Beveiligingsupdate voor Windows XP (KB921883)
Beveiligingsupdate voor Windows XP (KB922616)
Beveiligingsupdate voor Windows XP (KB922819)
Beveiligingsupdate voor Windows XP (KB923191)
Beveiligingsupdate voor Windows XP (KB923414)
Beveiligingsupdate voor Windows XP (KB924191)
Beveiligingsupdate voor Windows XP (KB924496)
Bridge Builder
Canon Digital Camera USB WIA Driver
Canon PhotoRecord
Canon Utilities PhotoStitch 3.1
Canon Utilities RAW Image Converter
Canon Utilities RemoteCapture 2.1
Canon Utilities ZoomBrowser EX
CoffeeCup HTML Editor
CoffeeCup HTML Editor 2006
Command & Conquer Red Alert 2
Command && Conquer Red Alert 2 - Yuri's Revenge
'Commandos, Beyond the Call of Duty' demo
dBpowerAMP Music Converter
De Sims 2
De Sims 2 Gaan het Maken
De Sims 2 Nachtleven
De Sims 2 Studentenleven
Desperados Demo 1.0
DiamondCS TDS-3
Disc2Phone
DivX
DivX Player
DivX Web Player
Elasto Mania
Fluency leeshulp
GameSpy Arcade
Google Desktop Search
Google Earth
Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer
Guitar Pro 5.0
Guitar-Online Tools - Metronome, version 2.0
HijackThis 1.99.1
Hotfix voor Windows Media Player [zie wm828026 voor meer informatie]
Internet Explorer Q903235
iPod for Windows 2005-09-06
iTunes
Java Web Start
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 6
L&H TTS3000 British English
L&H TTS3000 Français
L&H TTS3000 Nederlands
LJ Comment Stats Wizard 1.7
Maatschappijleer 2005-2006
Macromedia Flash Player 8
Macromedia Shockwave Player
Max Payne 2 Demo
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Hotfix (KB886903)
Microsoft Age of Empires
Microsoft Age of Empires II Trial Version
Microsoft Data Access Components KB870669
Microsoft Halo
Microsoft Halo Trial
Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage
Microsoft Publisher 2002
Microsoft Text-to-Speech Engine 4.0 (English)
Mindjet MindManager Viewer 6
MindManager X5 Trial
Mozilla Firefox (1.0.7)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 Parser and SDK
MSXML4 Parser
Need For Speed Underground Demo
Need for Speed™ Most Wanted
Netscape Browser (remove only)
Overhoor voor Windows 4.0.3
Panda ActiveScan
PC Camera (6009 CIF)
PDF-XChange 3.0
Philips Key Ring Audio Player
Power Tab Editor 1.7
QuickTime
Radio@Netscape Plus
ReadPlease 2003/ReadPlease PLUS 2003
RealPlayer
Roll
Shockwave
simGangster
SimSynth(tm) 2.x DEMO
SketchUp 5
Skype™ 1.0
SmartCamera Ver 2.1
Sony Ericsson PC Suite
SoundMAX
Sponge Bob
Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4
StatLine
StuffIt Standard
Symnet Redirector Updater
System Alert Popup
Teach2000 8.11
Team Apache
Tibia 7.1
Tibia Map Viewer
Tibia Proxy
Update Service
Update voor Windows XP (KB835409)
Update voor Windows XP (KB898461)
Update voor Windows XP (KB910437)
Update voor Windows XP (KB911280)
Viewpoint Media Player (Remove Only)
Visual Vision EbooksReader_g_e
VU Leerling Bovenbouw
Wereldwijs Leerlingen-cd-rom 3 Havo Vwo
Westwood Shared Internet Components
Winamp (remove only)
Window Searching
Windows Installer 3.1 (KB893803)
Windows Installer 3.1 (KB893803)
Windows Live Messenger
Windows Live Sign-in Assistant
Windows Media Format Runtime
Windows Media Player 10
Windows XP Hotfix - KB821557
Windows XP Hotfix - KB823182
Windows XP Hotfix - KB823559
Windows XP Hotfix - KB824105
Windows XP Hotfix - KB824141
Windows XP Hotfix - KB824146
Windows XP Hotfix - KB825119
Windows XP Hotfix - KB828028
Windows XP Hotfix - KB828035
Windows XP Hotfix - KB828741
Windows XP Hotfix - KB833987
Windows XP Hotfix - KB834707
Windows XP Hotfix - KB835732
Windows XP Hotfix - KB837001
Windows XP Hotfix - KB839645
Windows XP Hotfix - KB840315
Windows XP Hotfix - KB840374
Windows XP Hotfix - KB840987
Windows XP Hotfix - KB841356
Windows XP Hotfix - KB841533
Windows XP Hotfix - KB841873
Windows XP Hotfix - KB842773
Windows XP Hotfix - KB867282
Windows XP Hotfix - KB871250
Windows XP Hotfix - KB873333
Windows XP Hotfix - KB873339
Windows XP Hotfix - KB873376
Windows XP Hotfix - KB883357
Windows XP Hotfix - KB885250
Windows XP Hotfix - KB885835
Windows XP Hotfix - KB885836
Windows XP Hotfix - KB888113
Windows XP Hotfix - KB888302
Windows XP Hotfix - KB889293
Windows XP Hotfix - KB890047
Windows XP Hotfix - KB890175
Windows XP Hotfix - KB890859
Windows XP Hotfix - KB890923
Windows XP Hotfix - KB891711
Windows XP Hotfix - KB891781
Windows XP Hotfix - KB893066
Windows XP Hotfix - KB893086
Windows XP Hotfix - KB896688
Windows XP Hotfix - KB896727
Windows XP Hotfix - KB905915
Windows XP Hotfix - KB911567
Windows XP Hotfix - KB912812
Windows XP Hotfix - KB916281
Windows XP Hotfix - KB918439
Windows XP Hotfix - KB918899
Windows XP Hotfix - KB925486
Windows XP Hotfix (SP2), Q328310
Windows XP Hotfix (SP2), Q329170
Windows XP Hotfix (SP2), Q329441
Windows XP Hotfix (SP2), Q810565
Windows XP Hotfix (SP2), Q810577
Windows XP Hotfix (SP2), Q810833
Windows XP Hotfix (SP2), Q811493
Windows XP Hotfix (SP2), Q814033
Windows XP Hotfix (SP2), Q815021
Windows XP Hotfix (SP2), Q817606
Windows XP Hotfix-pakket (Zie Q329048 voor meer informatie)
Windows XP Hotfix-pakket (Zie Q329115 voor meer informatie)
Windows XP Hotfix-pakket (Zie Q329390 voor meer informatie)
Windows XP Hotfix-pakket (Zie Q329834 voor meer informatie)
WinRAR
Wolters-Noordhoff Moderne Wiskunde/WiskDisk VWO A(B)-1
Wolters-Noordhoff Moderne Wiskunde/WiskDisk VWO A1(B1) deel 2
Wolters-Noordhoff Pulsar-Chemie/vwo deel 1
Worms Armageddon Demo
Zoo Tycoon 2

Ro-Ann
2007-01-18, 18:18
Scan saved at 18:07:22, on 18-1-2007

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\jusched.exe
C:\HJT\HijackThis.exe

N4 - Mozilla: user_pref("browser.startup.homepage", "http://home.netscape.com/"); (C:\Documents and Settings\R. Van Dijck\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\5svquj0m.slt\prefs.js)

Ro-Ann
2007-01-18, 18:19
Hi Phil,
Don't know if this is relevant.
There are two virtual CD players on this computer, with software (games) installed on them.
DAEMON, they're called.
Is that a safe thing to be doing?
Thanx again!
Anne

pskelley
2007-01-18, 19:00
Hi Anne, this junk:
During the AVG scan, Avira came up with 4 or 5 alerts that it had encountered different variants of Zlob. I deleted them. Plus a file called A0220703, that supposedly looked like a phishing tool, FraudTool SpySheriff? is all part of the Smitfraud infection, trying to goad you into purchasing a wothless pice of junk is why they call it "fraud". Let me give you this information:

If you would like to let your thoughts be know about the lowlifes who put that junk on your computer, you can do that here:
If you have been infected by one of the SpyAxe family
http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showtopic=58063
http://www.malwarecomplaints.info/

AVG Anti-Spyware - Scan Report Created at: 17:17:07 18-1-2007That stuff , even though it says you took no action, is in System Restore and I believe it takes cleaning the SR files and we will do this before we finish.

Uninstall List:

Ad-aware 6 Personal
<<< uninstall
Ad-Aware SE Personal <<< the newest version should be Build 1.06r1 and most recent data base is 1/17/07

Mozilla Firefox (1.0.7) <<< Version 2.0 has been released, if you are going to use Firefox, update it, even having out of date version can get you infected.

Viewpoint Media Player (Remove Only)
For your information, Viewpoint is installed by aol probably without your knowledge. I suggest you uninstall this resource waster in Add Remove programs.
http://www.clickz.com/news/article.php/3561546
http://www.greatis.com/appdata/u/v/viewmgr.exe.htm
http://www.spywareinfo.com/newsletter/archives/2005/nov4.php#viewpoint

I do not know all of your programs, I suggest you take this opportunity to take a hard look at what is there and get rid of anything no longer used or that you do not know what is. Be careful not to remove anything needed by Windows. Use Google if you are unsure.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 18:07:22, on 18-1-2007 This log is free of malware as far as I can see. You may return to selective startup in MSConfig to save your resources, here is information: http://netsquirrel.com/msconfig/

I will add this information for your benefit at this point:
System Restore does not know the good files from the bad. In case bad stuff has gotten into your System Restore files, follow the instructions in this link to get clean System Restore files. Turn it off, reboot then turn it back on:
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2001111912274039?Open&src=sec_doc_nam

AVG Anti-Spyware is a good program but it does use some resources. Once the trial is over you can update and use the scanner for as long as you wish, but unless you purchase it you should turn it off completely so it does not run unless you start it manually.

Here is some great information from Tony Klein, Texruss, ChrisRLG and Grinler to help you stay clean and safe online:
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=279
http://russelltexas.com/malware/allclear.htm
http://forum.malwareremoval.com/viewtopic.php?t=14
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topict2520.html
http://cybercoyote.org/security/not-admin.shtml

There are two virtual CD players on this computer, with software (games) installed on them.
DAEMON, they're called.
Is that a safe thing to be doing?Not going to much help in this area, DAEMON can be many things, see the Google:
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2006-16,GGLG:en&q=daemon%2eexe
From my limited knowledge, much more important are the files that are downloaded to use on virtual CD Players. Here is some information:
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=7344

Let me know how we are doing at this point.

Thanks..Phil

Ro-Ann
2007-01-18, 20:40
Hi Phil,

Thanks for the info.
I will do the spring cleaning, also using the tips you gave me for the first computer.
When I am as far as I can get with your pointers, I'll get back to you to finish up (I hope!).

With this computer, there is
- emailing (webbased)
- maintaining spaces
- chatting
- streaming
If you have any more pointers about doing these things safely, I'll readily educate myself.

Thanx so far,

Anne

pskelley
2007-01-18, 21:05
Hi Anne, You need but ask http://www.google.com/ a click here: http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en will let you read it in most languages of the world. Here is the return for the query:
"how to stay safe online" http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2006-16,GGLG:en&q=how+to+stay+safe+online
19,800,000 choices to view:eek:

Thanks...just let me know when I can close the topic to stay organized.

Phil

Ro-Ann
2007-01-18, 22:31
Hi Phil,

I think I did the spring cleaning.
Many a cobweb out the window, a fresh startup list and a clean HJT log: thanks a whole lot.
I read a post where someone said: very reassuring to know you all are out there: just my thoughts.
This one can close!

Anne

pskelley
2007-01-20, 13:39
As the problem appears to be resolved this topic has been closed.

If you need it re-opened please send me or a forum staff member a private message (pm) and provide a link to the thread; this applies only to the original topic starter.

Anyone else with similar problems please start a new topic.