PDA

View Full Version : Becoming a helper

raiderfan23
2007-01-25, 02:38
I have lurked the malware removal forum just to see how the process of malware removal works.

There is a sticky posted regarding preliminary steps to take before starting a new thread and posting an HJT log. Within that thread are links to other help sites where you can learn to help others in this process. If one were to enter these programs and satisfactorally complete them is the individual committed to that forum or could he or she become a helper, warrior etc. in the Spybot help forums?

Thanks

raiderfan23:)

tashi
2007-01-25, 04:04
Hi there.

It is always a pleasure to see a person's interest in becoming a malware fighter. :bigthumb:

Free training is given by volunteer teachers and usually it is an interactive educational program which requires some investment of your time and participation.

Volunteers may be students, hold full time jobs or be retired, the common factor being a desire to help people and fight malware.

Most graduates give back to the site they were trained at, and also help at other sites.

Graduating does not mean one is given instant access to other forums, it is best to request admittance to a school in order to find out how this all works.

Hope that helps and I wish you luck in this very rewarding field. :)

Rednose
2007-01-26, 15:46
Tashi, can you give an idea how much time you have to invest, and how long it would take for an average student to graduate ?

Greetz, Red.

tashi
2007-01-26, 18:07
Hello Red.

At the schools I am familiar with, there is not a set time to finish the training, you can proceed at your own pace studying and digesting. How long the training lasts is entirely up to the individual's own progress. ;) Edit: However, the purpose is to turn out Malware Fighters, and in a reasonable time frame.

By investment of your time, I mean that once a trainee begins their practice logs, they should respond in a consistent manner.

Just as you would do if helping a user clean up their computer. :)

If you join one of the schools (only one to start off with), it will give you a better idea of your own knowledge and what you will need to learn from there on.

Hope that helps.

raiderfan23
2007-01-27, 22:42
Hello Tashi,

Thanks for the reply.

I have not noticed an FAQ or other method of asking to request being considered to be trained by Safer personel?

Is there some way to do this or are the links you have provided the preferred method?

Thanks

raiderfan :)

tashi
2007-01-27, 23:01
Hi there.

Sorry, we do not run a training school here, it is a very time consuming project. :)

Some websites that host training facilities and are members of UNITE. In no particular order.

What the Tech Classroom (http://forums.whatthetech.com/What_Tech_Classroom_t80368.html)
Tech Support Academy (http://www.techsupportforum.com/security-center/virus-trojan-spyware-help/294775-please-read-before-applying-join-academy.html)
Spyware Info Forum (http://www.spywareinfoforum.com/index.php?showtopic=34)
Geeks to Go-GeekU (http://www.geekstogo.com/geeku/)

"If this is the only text on the page - Then you need to register and log into the forum before visiting this page."
(http://www.spywareinfoforum.com/index.php?showtopic=34)Malware Removal University (http://www.malwareremoval.com/university.php)

Rednose
2007-01-28, 07:21
Tashi, thank you for the info and links :)

Greetz, Red.

raiderfan23
2007-02-03, 02:33
Tashi

As Red has already said thanks for the links.

raiderfan23 :)

tashi
2007-02-03, 03:49
You are welcome, good luck!

Rednose
2007-02-05, 01:05
Dear Tashi :flowers:

The information you provided was very usefull :) But right now I can't take a decision because I recently got a new job/function at my company, and that will take a lot of time from me for the next few month as well.

Sometimes I would like to be a student again, and have the time I had then :sad:

Greetz, Red.

Rednose
2007-04-17, 02:53
I am surprised to see this topic is a sticky. Maybe Tashi's way to say : " Hey Red, you said A once, why don't you say B ? " And she is right, I am still interested. I still have some questions, but I could also post them here. I will do that in the next few days, because it is pretty late here and I need to get some sleep. Work is waiting in a few hours.

Greetz, Red.

tashi
2007-04-17, 03:23
Hello Red.

This topic was pinned because members do ask for links to schools, and it is simpler to direct such queries to a stickied topic.

I don't believe I can contribute anything further to what has already been said. :p:

It is a matter of choosing a school, signing up and asking one's questions there.

Rednose
2007-04-26, 18:11
It is a matter of choosing a school

That is what I want some information about. What is the difference between them ? What school do you recommand ?

Greetz, Red.

tashi
2007-04-26, 19:07
Any of the ones listed. ;) They all have differences but the goal is the same.

Shade
2007-07-01, 23:38
yay i signed up for all of them, being a student on summer vacation i have time, and when school comes back in, i will be fine, I am glad i can learn a lot about computers, and can teach eventually.

when i graduate, could i help out here?:FF:

tashi
2007-07-02, 00:37
Hi there. :)

As an Administrator at two of the schools, fyi for anyone considering signing up. ;) Please do not enroll in more than one school at the beginning of your training.

One needs to attain a certain level to warrant entry into a second classroom environment, and a thumbs up from the teachers. Many of whom are active at several sites.

This is to ensure the trainee is actively participating in the programs and avoid overload in their learning.

Best to get started and see how one progresses.

Welcome to the fight. :bigthumb:

Shade
2007-07-02, 01:45
thank you very much, but again could i volunteer here? and i know it is a lot, but i figured most of the things learned at all of them are general, and i do things that take people to do in a week, in a day, but ya, i dont think i will be much good with malware "swordsmanship" until may be late september..but ya can i volunteer here as well ?

tashi
2007-07-02, 02:18
Hi

Please feel free to post in the Spybot-S&D forum if you can help someone with a general question.

Not in the malware forum though, or topics pertaining to malware removal advice.

Regards. :)

Shade
2007-07-02, 02:26
okey dokey

katana
2007-07-07, 21:23
Hi folks, just a quick note for anyone interested in learning.

As a member of one of the schools mentioned, I know for a fact what the training is like --- HARD WORK
I am not saying this to discourage anyone but to let you know what you are letting yourselves in for.
The whole process is time consuming.
I started learning in November '06 and was let loose on the public June '07
There is a lot to learn and, because the bad guys are always changing their tactics, I guess I will never stop learning.
Having said all that though, when you do start helping in the forums, that first "Thankyou " makes it all worth while,
and we do tend to have a laugh and enjoy ourselves while training
It doesn't matter what your computer knowledge is all you need is an interest in learning and a wish to help people.
So if you are still interested, sign up to one of the schools and join the gang.

tashi
2007-07-07, 23:25
Well said katana. :greeting:

SpyButt
2007-09-22, 15:09
Hi there.

Sorry, we do not run a training school here, it is a very time consuming project. :)

Sample of fine schools available:
WhatTheTech Classroom. (http://www.whatthetech.com/classroom)
Malware Removal University. (http://forum.malwareremoval.com/viewtopic.php?t=233)
GTG University (http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/If_you_would_like_to_join_Geek_U-t4817.html)
BC Training Program (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic86678.html)

How would they remove someone from the Malware Removal University?:scratch:

tashi
2007-09-22, 20:18
Hello.

How would they remove someone from the Malware Removal University?:scratch:
I don't understand your question. :)

Jarabara
2007-11-13, 06:24
Hi I was reading your info about training to help people with malware issues. I tried the link to Classroom but it failed....is it broken or is it my poor computer?

I have applied to do a course at MRU. If I complete the course successfuly, any chance of helping you guys out on this site?

I think it's great you all give your time like this to help people with computer problems. Really truly grateful. :p::bigthumb:

tashi
2007-11-13, 08:10
Hello infested! :)

It was a very difficult decision, but What The Tech Classroom, (formerly Tom Coyote) decided in the best interest of the classroom, and those who receive training there, that it needed to undergo a much needed renovation. It would simply be too difficult to try and keep it open as everything was being moved around, practice logs updated, etc. Closing it also allows the teachers time to focus on the renovation work.

The classroom closed on October, 1 2007. The estimate is that it will take approximately six weeks-2 months to complete the work.
WTT administration and teachers do not want, or expect anyone to put their training on hold.

Malware Removal University, and GeekU have both graciously offered to accept classroom students. Interested people should apply to one only.

Link to MRU application: http://forum.malwareremoval.com/viewtopic.php?t=233
Link to GeekU application: http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Would-like-to-learn-to-fight-malware-t4817.html

By which username did you apply to MRU infested! ?

Update:The Classroom (http://www.whatthetech.com/classroom) is now open again at WTT.

Jarabara
2007-11-13, 11:16
lol, should have put a little more thought into it, you think?! Applied under infested! !!!:laugh: but i can't study until i have rid my own computer of spyware, which makes plenty of sense. I'll wait for them to contact me and tell me that in apersonal email, and then reapply when my computer is sorted out....under a better user-name.

tashi
2007-11-13, 16:49
Hi there.

I'll wait for them to contact me and tell me that in apersonal email, and then reapply when my computer is sorted out....under a better user-name.
Ok, I am an admin over there.

Yes best to use another name as infested might not inspire confidence in users you might help one day. ;)

Jarabara
2007-11-13, 19:45
Thanks a million.

Tashi, I reapplied under the nickname 'Jarabara'. I said in my application that I had previously applied as 'infested!' :oops: Be good to hear from you.

Take care:p:

tashi
2007-11-23, 21:37
The Classroom (http://www.whatthetech.com/classroom) is now open again at WTT.

Daz3210
2008-04-07, 16:53
I'm thinking of applying to one of the teacher sites, mainly since I have received help here (in the process of cleaning my laptop) and I would like to think I can give back something for what I have received.

Can someone give me an insight as to what is involved with a 'course'. More than just saying its hard work, how is the teaching performed etc etc is it all hands on or is it more reading reading reading?

katana
2008-04-07, 17:18
is it all hands on or is it more reading reading reading?

Hi Daz3210,
It depends what you mean by "hands on", you would not be allowed to help members of the public until you reach a certain level of ability.
The teaching is hands on, to the extent that the schools have practice logs that you will be expected to clean.

You will be doing a lot of reading (and I do mean a lot ), but then that doesn't stop even when you have graduated from the school.

Daz3210
2008-04-07, 17:37
Hi Daz3210,
It depends what you mean by "hands on", you would not be allowed to help members of the public until you reach a certain level of ability.
The teaching is hands on, to the extent that the schools have practice logs that you will be expected to clean.

You will be doing a lot of reading (and I do mean a lot ), but then that doesn't stop even when you have graduated from the school.

Thats what I meant by hands on.

Basically you will be 'helping' a fictionary person by looking at practice codes.

katana
2008-04-07, 17:43
Thats what I meant by hands on.

Basically you will be 'helping' a fictionary person by looking at practice codes.

Yes :bigthumb:

It is not just a case of ....

read THIS text and then answer THESE questions.

You will also be asked to run some of the tools we use on your own machine to get familiar with how they work.

You are not expected to be correct all the time, and questions are welcomed.
If you question things, it shows that you are thinking about them :D:

ravindra
2008-04-17, 12:08
hi, tashi
i goes through threads
sir, i am working as a lecture in small town tumsar, India
i also searching for link or colume so that it will help me to
fight against mallware spyware etc. this is all to help people
thanx

tashi
2008-04-18, 00:25
Hello ravindra,

Please see this post: http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=135510&postcount=25

To clarify, the volunteer run Classrooms are provided in order to train malware removal helpers who will assist members in the help forums.

Best regards.

ravindra
2008-04-24, 12:32
dear tashi,
you given some useful link about malware university or classroom.
thanks
but no one is helping me. all are ready to form their cult.
it is very sad for me. not them.
sir I am graduate in electronic engg. and 13 year teaching exp.
but useless for them
I am ready for hardworking and helping other without taking single paisa.
but kicking me off
If I am from india. we talk in hindi so I am poor in english.
it is my fault that I born in India
I AM STILL WAITING THAT SOMEONE COME TO HELP ME
THIS TIME JISUS

tashi
2008-04-24, 17:48
Hello ravinda,

but kicking me off

I don't understand what you mean, please explain. :)

Best regards.

securitywonks
2008-05-16, 06:39
Dear Ravindra

dear tashi,
you given some useful link about malware university or classroom.
thanks
it is very sad for me. not them.
sir I am graduate in electronic engg. and 13 year teaching exp.
but useless for them
I am happy to see your interest to learn, but, having 13 years of experience teaching electronics does not confirm that you are expert in malware removal, yes, having interest and trying to follow the guidelines and attempting to understand the Operating System better in malware guy/security researcher perspective (i.e. how exploit works, and what people can do to fix that, I donot mean having an idea about software (to be used to fix malware etc) but, I mean to have clarity about OS in deeper perspective which all can enable you to confidently present your interest to start with. Grasping what they say can be more effectively done with more clarity about OS basics. Got my point. Ingeneral, people donot like spoon feeding, when we show our attempts, definetely I hope, you can find some nice people who may give a lift and guidance atleast in the minimalistic level for us to grow better in the field.

but kicking me off
Passion to help others is basic at heart and knowledge of what we were suggesting as a helper is more important and the thing we need to ensure when helping people out, as one mistake, they blast us and all credentials gone, so we need to be very much careful about when directly helping some user (with his computer infected)

that's the basic one have to do (take this as very important priority, learning with full passion). Most of the helpers in different ASAP authorised Malware Removal Help Forums do in this perspective, they donot expect any direct income for the help and guidance they give in the forums in general. It's more of satisfaction and increase of knowledge, which they can make use of in their regular job (if that is related to this field in an organisation which they work in etc kind of situations).

If I am from india. we talk in hindi so I am poor in english.
it is my fault that I born in India

I am also an INDIAN, I am proud to be so. learning English can be easier with some heart to do and understanding and practice of the language in our regular life (be it writing or speaking well so, we be effective both gramatically as well as with spoken english.

DONOT ever say, it is fault to be born as Indian for little sir, please, hope you get me positive perspective.

I AM STILL WAITING THAT SOMEONE COME TO HELP ME
THIS TIME JISUS

I faced lot of rejections for my positive approach and interest in computer security, when I started off, and later, the practical understanding of operating system, how malware works, what we have to do to remove it etc, helped me improve my skills as effective malware helper in a later time. Due to time constraints I stopped helping users after last quarter quarter of 2005. I am occasioanlly helping known people locally and sometimes online that's it.

anyhow, since this is one of my passionate areas, I am interested to start helping back, this time, I am in spybot forums to start back in :)

NOTE: I know, and I remember I am banned in a security forums site from performing my passionate role of malware researcher and helper, for a simple of reason of LANGUAGE PROBLEM (they said my english is not understandable and also said they recieved lot of compliants from users about my language itseems). I didnot see any user in that time complaining or writing right in the forums in the same thread (when they recieve help from me, if they didnot understand my langauge). Anyhow, I donot want to go deep off topic of how that happened, but I wish to say, to "Concentrate, practice language and concentrate more on different Windows Versions currently in use, the deeper perspective about them, then how malware works and how we can undo the modifications in OS (made by malicious objects) to remove them.

Hope you got my point know,

All the Best with your future, hope you take your first step after this,

SecurityWonks

Austin8289
2008-05-31, 06:12
So, would it be too difficult to sign up if I have Dial-Up and cannot download very large software?

tashi
2008-05-31, 06:34
Hello Austin8289,

I graduated from two classrooms on dialup, and there is no usually no need to download large software programs. :)

drragostea
2008-05-31, 06:43
So basically, classes take action in "classrooms"? I was just tempted to join the classroom in WTT forums.

What I would like to know how "what" you actually do. Is it like real-time or just posts and replies? Also, what do they teach in the classrooms? Analyzing a code? Hijack log?

I don't think I'm suitable for the classroom... am I :sad:?

tashi
2008-05-31, 07:18
I don't think I'm suitable for the classroom... am I :sad:?

If you have serious intentions you can only find out by trying. :)

WTT Classroom (http://forums.whatthetech.com/What_the_Tech_Classroom_t80368.html)

drragostea
2008-05-31, 07:22
Aw. Does it have to be this pressuring and tempting? I don't know. I'm really sure of myself, yet. I'll have to learn about the registry and analyzing Hijack logs right, tashi? I know it's going to take time. Do you think I'm ready tashi? I just wanted to know your opinion.

tashi
2008-05-31, 08:32
Aw. Does it have to be this pressuring and tempting? I don't know. I'm really sure of myself, yet. I'll have to learn about the registry and analyzing Hijack logs right, tashi? I know it's going to take time. Do you think I'm ready tashi? I just wanted to know your opinion.
I can't really predict if a person is ready. :) Many apply with the best intentions and don't last a month. Others complete training and you see them in the forums.
So maybe it's best to try it, you'd soon find out. :angel:

drragostea
2008-05-31, 17:04
I see. What I really meant was would you consider me... "ready" from my "posts" and experience at this forum. :spider:

I don't really know. I'm running in a circle :laugh:. I decided not to go. Not yet. Maybe the Summer. Thanks tashi.

katana
2008-05-31, 20:59
You don't have to learn about the registry, there are rooms in the classroom where you can ask if you need help with a registry fix.
However, you will find you learn a lot about it as you go along.

In general, you learn how to recognize the different infections and which tool to use to remove them.

drragostea
2008-05-31, 21:20
Oh wow. Now kantana, you make it sound so easy now. :) Now I'm tempted. It's just that my first image of a "classroom" will be filled with all kinds of difficult things, lols. :euro: I might consider it.

drragostea
2008-06-13, 07:56
It's settled.

I'm joining the Classrooms in the Summer. Just gotta take a break after finishing school :laugh:.

PepiMK
2008-06-13, 17:11
Wow, congratulations on the decision :bigthumb:
And have fun in that break :)

drragostea
2008-06-13, 23:59
Thanks for the reply PepiMk, :laugh:.

Just gotta complete two NYC Regents in the next two weeks. After that I'm free... hopefully.

I just thought learning in the Classroom would be a horror such as knowing this code and that. Lols, I took a peek at one of those computer books at the local library... wow... it was something in parenthesis with "data:00000" then some other mumble jumble letters and numbers and codes.
:P

I'm looking forward to the Classrooms.

katana
2008-06-14, 11:22
I just thought learning in the Classroom would be a horror such as knowing this code and that. Lols, I took a peek at one of those computer books at the local library... wow... it was something in parenthesis with "data:00000" then some other mumble jumble letters and numbers and codes.

You wouldn't see me helping if that was the case :eek:

When you first start, it will seem like there is a mountain of information to read
(to be honest, THERE IS :laugh: )

BUT it is all in plain english and you will soon pick it up.

drragostea
2008-06-14, 18:01
Felt I've been punched in the stomach.

Mountains eh? Hrm. Like lots and lots of books Katana? Or just paragraphs and pages of info? Can you give a brief sentence of what those 'mountains' might be about?

tashi
2008-06-14, 18:59
Not books. :eek:

Just lots to learn, stay active and do that at one's own pace. :)

drragostea
2008-06-14, 19:33
I'll look forward to it.

Mitsuki
2008-06-14, 19:57
This is nice,

after receiving help and solved my personal trouble, I got the 'urge' to help others out too.

how do one start? keen to help tho, sincerely. ;)

drragostea
2008-06-14, 20:04
Mitsuki, however becoming a Malware Trainer it requires much time and effort.

You can start learning at one of the Classrooms.

drragostea
2008-06-14, 20:28
Mitsuki:

http://www.uniteagainstmalware.com/schools.php
--

drragostea
2008-06-16, 03:52
Wow, congratulations on the decision :bigthumb:
And have fun in that break :)

Application submitted. I decided to enroll early. I'll see how it goes. :red:

Tokamak
2008-07-07, 16:00
Application submitted. I decided to enroll early. I'll see how it goes. :red:

Thinking of enroling and 'returning the favour' after recieving help here.

Every day is a school day afetr all :)

edit: especially a typing school day....

Kealan
2009-01-08, 23:53
Wow, this looks cool. I am going to apply to Geeks to Go as soon as someone helps me get the spyware off of my laptop, since they have a rule against applying with an open topic. Anyway, their website says it takes 4-6 months to learn, but say nothing about a real amount of time. Any idea how long you must work for each day on it, about? And I know the program is free, but am I going to have to buy any specialty software to do it?

katana
2009-01-09, 00:25
The amount of time per day is exactly the amount of time that you are able to give, no more no less.
Personally, I think 4-6 months is somewhat optimistic but I haven't looked at G2G teaching methods so it may be possible.

You will not have to buy any software at all, so that is not a problem.

I hope all goes well for you :)

Matt
2009-02-14, 20:56
BUT it is all in plain english and you will soon pick it up.

Hi,

I hope that the same is also true for me :laugh: I'm from Germany and my English isn't so good... ;)

After talking with tashi, I'll start my training after my exams in march :cleaning:

I hope that there aren't any special requirements for that... :scratch:

Best regards,
-Matt-

katana
2009-02-14, 21:11
Hi,

I hope that the same is also true for me :laugh: I'm from Germany and my English isn't so good... ;)

If that post is anything to go by, your English is fine :bigthumb:

Matt
2009-02-15, 11:27
If that post is anything to go by, your English is fine :bigthumb:

I'm glad to here that.:yahoo:

I don't like Virtumonde and his friends... :ninja::flame: so I hope that I have the time to complete my training in this year. ;)

Best regards,
-Matt-

Matt
2009-03-20, 17:17
Hi,

I've started my training. Kepp your fingers crossed for me. Thank you. ;)

slothmaster1
2009-03-25, 18:20
I just applied to MRU yesterday. Hope I'm accepted!

md usa spybot fan
2009-03-25, 19:04
slothmaster1:

Good luck in being accepted and best of luck in the course once you are accepted.

slothmaster1
2009-03-25, 19:08
Thank you.

neonfx
2009-04-20, 22:21
MRU is a great community :bigthumb:

Hope to see you around sloth.

tashi
2009-04-20, 22:58
slothmaster1 is on the waiting list at MRU. Was admitted. :)

Paulrocks
2011-01-01, 03:49
Hey, I Was Wondering What It Takes And How To Become Someone Who Helps People Who Come to these Forums Looking For Help With Problemes on Their Computers, Like The Security Experts And Other Helpers On These Forums. I Got A Little Confused On This Form :red:.
I Was Wondering If Anyone Could Tell me the Things you Need to Have (Age, Experience, ect.) I Have Alot Of Time On My Hands So The Ammount Of Time Training Takes Is Not a huge deal. I Would Love To Become a Member And help people who have problemes with their Computers.

:thanks:
Paul

drragostea
2011-01-01, 03:56
Make sure you are certain to have a wealthy amount of time in your hands, dedication, and prompt response.

You can apply at several sites actually, but I'd prefer this site because of its user friendly-ness. Not implying, that other's are not but I am well accustomed to What the Tech forums:
http://forums.whatthetech.com/What_Tech_Classroom_t80368.html
-
The rules have changed from what I know; you have to be 18 or older to apply.

Paulrocks
2011-01-01, 03:59
Dang It. Not 18 Yet. Any Way To Become A Helper Under 18? I Have Alot Of Experience In Computers.

drragostea
2011-01-01, 04:55
Let's hope tashi or one of the team members can answer that question for you.

tashi
2011-01-01, 06:45
Hi Paulrocks,

Dang It. Not 18 Yet. Any Way To Become A Helper Under 18? I Have Alot Of Experience In Computers.
Schools may have different requirements in order to meet their mission.

You could apply to the Boot Camp (http://www.spywareinfoforum.com/index.php?/topic/34-the-boot-camp-here/) at SWI. :)

Best regards.

Paulrocks
2011-01-01, 21:04
Ok Thanks. And Is This All Online? Oh And Also After Being Trained On That Website Can i Become a Helper On This Website? I Find this website alot more user friendly.

Paulrocks
2011-01-01, 21:50
Hey I Just Applied :). I Had to make a new email adress Because they Don't Accept Yahoo, Or hotmail :red: Oh Well. I Hope After Training I Can Help Out On Spybot Forums :rockon:

tashi
2011-01-02, 06:46
Hi Paulrocks,

Good luck with the training. :)

Might want to finish the cleanup before surfing over to there. ;)
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=61056

Paulrocks
2011-01-02, 20:02
Ok, :thanks: :banana:

Paulrocks
2011-01-02, 20:28
Oh And can You Answer My Previous Question? If I Train On That Website Can I Become A Helper On This Website Also?

tashi
2011-01-03, 04:41
Hello Paulrocks,

Oh And can You Answer My Previous Question? If I Train On That Website Can I Become A Helper On This Website Also?

:2thumb: your enthusiasm.

Sorry I can't make promises at this stage, as malware evolves the courses become more complicated and require a lot of dedication from all involved in the process. Early days for you right now. ;)

The schools are manned by volunteers and when one graduates it's a good thing to give back in return by making it a priority to take a role at their site. When ready one can approach additional forums.

Cheers.

tashi
2011-01-03, 19:39
Reminder.

Might want to finish the cleanup before surfing over to there. ;)
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=61056

Ok, :thanks: :banana:

Tom.K
2011-01-03, 23:52
I'm thinking about doing this, but again, it might take too much risk. I'm thinking about submitting this during summer though. Analyzing logs should be averagely small problem. Bigger problem could be viruses, hardware issues and unexpected software issues. I could try somehow finishing this (though school and housework will kill me). I'm still 16 though, is that still allowed? One more thing, is this removal school same as others you listed and will it apply for malware removal helping in this forum: http://www.geekpolice.net/GeekPolice-Academy-h27.htm ?

tashi
2011-01-04, 01:51
Hello Tom.K,

One more thing, is this removal school same as others you listed and will it apply for malware removal helping in this forum: http://www.geekpolice.net/GeekPolice-Academy-h27.htm ?
Not a member of UNITE or on our list (http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=66331&postcount=6).

Best regards. :)

Corrine
2011-01-04, 02:10
Hello Tom.K,

Not a member of UNITE or on our list (http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=66331&postcount=6).

Best regards. :)

Not qualified as an ASAP member either.

Tom.K
2011-01-04, 11:50
Additionally, I want to know just what are ASAP and UNITE memberships actually do (explain mostly in general) :police:. Does WTT allows training under 18 years (as I'm 16)?

Note, Malware Removal University (http://www.malwareremoval.com/university.php) seems to be closed, Bleeping Computer (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic86678.html) is down, Tech Support Forum (http://www.geekstogo.com/geeku/) and Geeks to Go-GeekU (http://www.geekstogo.com/geeku/) are redirecting to same link. And Clube do Hardware (http://www.clubedohardware.com.br/) ... is that really it (other language though)?

tashi
2011-01-04, 17:39
Hi Tom.K

Additionally, I want to know just what are ASAP and UNITE memberships actually do (explain mostly in general) :police:. Does WTT allows training under 18 years (as I'm 16)?

Note, Malware Removal University (http://www.malwareremoval.com/university.php) seems to be closed, Bleeping Computer (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic86678.html) is down, Tech Support Forum (http://www.geekstogo.com/geeku/) and Geeks to Go-GeekU (http://www.geekstogo.com/geeku/) are redirecting to same link. And Clube do Hardware (http://www.clubedohardware.com.br/) ... is that really it (other language though)?
Corrected TSF link thanks. :)

Bleeping Computer is up at this time.

Clube do Hardware, you wouldn't apply there if you could not read the website language. I can't either without using a translator so I took it off the list here to avoid confusion. :p:

Malware Removal University. If a school has met their quota for the student/teacher ratio they either do not accept new students at that time or place applicants on a waiting list. :)

WTT's application form states the basic requirements before the user submits it.

UNITE (http://www.uniteagainstmalware.com/index.php)

ASAP (http://asap.maddoktor2.com/)

Best regards.

Tom.K
2011-01-05, 18:43
I can't find anything about year limit related except in WTT (my bad, I wrote before WTF :oops:) Terms of Service to 18 and 13 years. I don't think that would change anything... right?

tashi
2011-01-05, 18:51
Hello Tom.K,

I can't find anything about year limit related except in WTT (my bad, I wrote before WTF :oops:) Terms of Service to 18 and 13 years.

WTT's application form states the basic requirements before the user submits it.

Each site will have their own requirements. :)

Best regards.

my.computer
2011-07-25, 21:07
What are the requirements to join the school?
I wonder if i can do it:p: or even try, it would be nice.

Well yeah I am interested, seems like a great idea, and i like to help people so why not?
Can i do it sensei?:boxing:

I think i can do it. If you think I can do it, is there a specific place form your list, i should check out?

bbnetwork
2013-02-27, 13:04
I would like to ask, if also "real-live" studys and work experiances into this field do count or if only visiting one of this online-trainings does count?

If also "real-live" studys and work experiances count, would i need to send my
credentials to somewhere? - If yes, this sounds as aplying for a (another) work for me.

tashi
2013-02-27, 17:39
Hello bbnetwork,

I would like to ask, if also "real-live" studys and work experiances into this field do count or if only visiting one of this online-trainings does count?

If also "real-live" studys and work experiances count, would i need to send my
credentials to somewhere? - If yes, this sounds as aplying for a (another) work for me.
Sorry but one's own experiences do not count.

For example: http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showtopic=80368

Best regards.