PDA

View Full Version : spydot stops responding

h_nahumi
2007-01-25, 18:12
hey guys...
I tried everything... I downloaded all the newest updates, downloaded the advanced scan, and the program just stops responding 15 sec's after I start scanning... do you guys have any idea why?

thanx alot..
(BTW I use Win xp)

Title Edit- Spybot, soz :S

h_nahumi
2007-01-29, 21:49
anyone?
cant anyone help with my problem?

spybotsandra
2007-01-30, 10:20
Hello,

Do you get any error message?
Does Spybot (i guess you just typed wrong and meant our software) just freeze?
Does it shut down?
What happens exactly?

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

h_nahumi
2007-01-30, 20:48
Hi sandra...
you're right, it was just a mistake I meant spybot... :red:

it just freezes- nothing happens... not even any error message :\

I start a scan and after a few seconds the program freezes. then I open the task manager and it says "not responding" but it won't close itself.
the same thing happens every time i open the program.

any idea?

spybotsandra
2007-01-31, 09:42
Hello,

In case you are using a dated version of Spybot-S&D, as a first solution, please download the latest version Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4. This should fix the problem. You will find links to several download locations for this new version on our web site:
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html
Please search for new updates after installing Spybot S&D 1.4.

If this doesn't help please delete the contents of your Windows temp folder and try it again: For that purpose, please run Spybot-S&D and switch to "Advanced mode" via the menu bar item "Mode". Now select "Tools" --> "Secure Shredder" from the navigation bar on the left. There select "Add files from temp folder" from the drop down menu on the top (hit the small arrow next to templates). Then "Chop it away!"

You can also try the following:
- select "Settings" --> "Settings" in the navigation bar on the left and untick the checkbox in front of "display confirmation dialogs"
- exit Spybot-S&D so the settings are saved
- run Spybot-S&D and "Check for problems" again

Expect it to run slowly, it appears to hang. Please be patient - it should clear with the problems fixed.

If it still doesn't work please select "Settings" --> "Settings" from the toolbar on the left. In the section "Main settings" please untick the checkbox in front of "Create system restore point when fixing spyware/usage tracks".

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

h_nahumi
2007-01-31, 22:54
ok... I did everything you told me to do...

and it didn't help :sad:

I checked - I have the latest fully updated version, I downloaded the "Spybot Advanced check", "shredded" all the temporary files, un-checked the "system restore point creator"- but it still stops responding :sad:
I guess you can't help me then :\

spybotsandra
2007-02-01, 10:31
Hello,

Which advanced check libary update did you download?
What is the release date?

Beat regards
Sandra
Team Spybot