PDA

View Full Version : Spybot interfers with pdf down load

hhh561
2007-01-28, 03:59
When I attempt to download a pdf file that is an attachment to an email,Spybot search and destroy screen appears and prevents me form opening the pdf file. I have looked at the FAQs and searched this site and can't seem to find an answer. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

md usa spybot fan
2007-01-28, 06:14
hhh561:

I have no trouble downloading pdf files. In fact I just sent myself an email with a pdf attachment to double check and was able to download the attachment without any problems.

Would you please post the massage that you are getting.

hhh561
2007-01-28, 11:57
there is no message. Spybot just comes on like you have opened it and want to run a spybot check.

md usa spybot fan
2007-01-28, 21:28
I really don't have any idea what could be causing Spybot to open when you attempt to download a pdf file.

Are stored pdf files working normally? Using Windows Explorer, navigate to any pdf file and double click on it. Does the open with Adobe Reader or does Spybot start?

If it opens with Spybot, right click on the pdf file and select "Properties". What does it say for "Opens with:"?

hhh561
2007-01-28, 23:54
Unfortunately spybot opens and the pdf does not open.

md usa spybot fan
2007-01-29, 01:14
While in Windows Explorer did right click on a pdf file and select "Properties"? If so what does it say for "Opens with:"?

hhh561
2007-01-30, 04:22
Problem solved. This was on my cousin's millium machine. I was trying to help him via phone. With your help I was able to tell that he did not even have an adobe reader installed on his machine. Then we had to find an older version of the reader that was compatable with his old machine. Finally got that all done over the phone with him. He is rather new at the game. Thanks again.