PDA

View Full Version : spybotSD.exe is non-existant

jonas dax
2007-01-29, 08:08
Hi,
I've installed spybot 3 times today but after every time I asked for it to start after install and it didn't. I downloaded the update during install and have used the program on my system before. I AM currently running a copy of adaware on my system and it says in the compatibility list that it would detect spybot as spyware. I'm having serious problems with something called VStoolbar and I was hoping spybot could remove it for me permanently. I'm getting it 3 times a day and it constantly minimizes my games while I'm playing them with really "Important" error messages that lead to programs they want me to install (I only know because unfortunately you can't always click on the right cancel button). Is it adaware that is deleting the spybotSD.exe file in my spybot folder immediately? because I haven't even run a scan... or is there another possibility that I may not have considered?

Tattenbach
2007-01-29, 21:28
yes, there is another possibility.

tashi
2007-01-30, 06:05
Hello.

I AM currently running a copy of adaware on my system and it says in the compatibility list that it would detect spybot as spyware.

Are you saying that AdAware would detect 'Spybot-Search & Destroy' as spyware or AdaWare is detecting a malware named spybot? There is a difference. :)

I'm having serious problems with something called VStoolbar and I was hoping spybot could remove it for me permanently.

As far as I know, VSToolBar provides an uninstall option.

Start > Windows Control Panel > Add / Remove Programs. The software would be listed as "VSToolbar for Internet Explorer".

Also, please follow the procedure in this link: "BEFORE you POST" -Preliminary Steps (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288) so we can take a look at the System.

Start your own thread in the Malware Removal Forum (http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22)

Once you have posted a helper will advise you as soon as available.

Cheers.