PDA

View Full Version : IE bad download blocker unchecks itself

kirika
2005-12-18, 00:00
Hi! Recently I noticed that the option "Enable permanent blocking of bad addressess in Internet Explorer" keeps unchecking by itself, as is resident SD Helper (which, I presume, is the same thing). I have to keep Spybot open while I'm surfing so that I can re-check those settings when they shut down. That wasn't happening before. Could it have something to do with adding Spybot's hosts list?

md usa spybot fan
2005-12-18, 08:00
Using Windows Explorer navigate to C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy. Make sure that the SDHelper.dll file is there.

Threshold
2006-01-10, 13:59
Considering the date of those posts, I can only hope that kirika's problem was resolved; however, I was having the same problem, so I did as suggested, and the dll wasn't there. Did a temporary additional install into another directory, copied the dll file and pasted into original SpyBot folder, and was not only able to check it again, but this time it stays checked. Thank God SpyBot isn't one of those installers that only lets you install one instance. :)

Now maybe this post is a bit redundant, but it's a post without a problem that needs fixing, and maybe it'll help someone else if they use the search function. :cool:

[Edit: I had already started typing this post when I decided to try the solution I used, and although the post now looks nothing like it did, I felt like making a post anyway, even if it is slightly redundant.]

I'd just like to end with, I'm glad to be here. :)