PDA

View Full Version : Available version

Bigalo
2007-01-30, 02:20
Can someone please tell me what is the most recent version of Search and Destroy is available? I started using this product (Version 1.4) in October 05 and discovered that I needed to hit "A" or "D" to proceed when a popup came up. I was told that it was a bug and would be corrected in the next version, which would be out soon. It's now been over a year and I still have the same. If the new version is out, can someone tell me how to get the latest? Also, is there a way to get automatic updates downloaded? I thought when I donated upon startup, it would happen, but it hasn't. Thanks in advance for your support.

md usa spybot fan
2007-01-30, 06:46
Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4 is still the current version.

Besides there being several fixes for the button overlay problem, there is a beta test version of TeaTimer that also fixes the button overlay problem. If you would like to try this beta test version, it can be downloaded using Spybot's integrated update facility as follows
Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > Settings.
Page down the option tree until you see a section titled "Web update" (just past half way down).
In the "Web update" section check the following option:
Display available beta versions.
Click Spybot-S&D (left pane).
Click Search for Updates (right pane).
When the list of available updates appears, check the following item:
ßTeaTimer 1.5 - !Resident protection update (798 KB) - 2007-01-05
Click Download Updates.
When the download of the ßTeaTimer 1.5 completes, both Spybot-Search & Destroy and TeaTimer should terminate and restart.
You can automatically update using the /autoupdate command line parameter. For example: If you execute the following command or add it as a scheduled task, Spybot will start, attempt to update and then terminate:
"C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /autoupdate /autoclose /taskbarhide
There are additional command line parameters that can be used in the following FAQ:
Are there any command line parameters?
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/30.html