PDA

View Full Version : Process blacklist

werevamp
2007-01-30, 03:00
Hi, I noticed that spybot has a blacklist for processes as well as for registry changes, but I would like to know how to add things to that list. I have a few processes that always start up with my computer that I know for a fact are at best, a useless waste of memory, and at worst, an unneccessary security risk. (I know this because when I use task manager to end them, my computer runs smoother). The problem is though, using task manager to end them every time I start my computer is annoying, plus, some of them just start themselves back up again anyway. Also, they aren't exactly considered spyware or anything, so spybot does nothing on its own.

I did find the process list in spybot and how to kill the processes with it, but its the same as with task manager, I'm asking for a way to permently block them, if its possible with this program.

md usa spybot fan
2007-01-30, 07:20
There currently is no user interface to add items to the list of processes that TeaTimer terminates when they start up.

In most cases if you delete the startup entry for a process it will keep it from starting.