PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer Doesn't Remember me anymore.

rjessop
2007-02-01, 17:27
Hi all,

I believe that this started after installing Spybot search & destroy (a very long time ago). I just haven't gotten around to figuring out why or how to fix it. Many sites have the ability to "remember me" but this feature no longer works. I have to type in my username/password everytime, even if I put a check in the remember me box.

Anybody know how to fix this?

Thanks,

Ryan

md usa spybot fan
2007-02-01, 18:28
There are two things that can affect AutoComplete and neither have a direct connection with the installation of Spybot, although one of them may have something to do with your use of Spybot.

Is Internet Explorer setup to save passwords?
Go into Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > Content tab. Under AutoComplete click the Settings button. Make sure that both "User names and passwords on forms" and "Prompt me to save passwords" are checked.
Are you possibly deleting the AutoComplete information?
Are you using to Spybot to scan for Usage Tracking (not done by default) and deleting "Internet Explorer: AutoComplete data"? Are you possibly deleting the AutoComplete information using Internet Explorer itself or some other Internet Explorer maintenance utility.