PDA

View Full Version : Spybot will not complete a scan ?

pomak249
2005-10-28, 17:57
Hi,

Everytime I try to run spybot it 'stops responding' at various stages of its scan - most i get too is 1600 ish.

Any one help?

Mick

Xp pro SP2
Diskeeper9 (tried this disabled)
ZoneAlarm (ditto)
AVG

wk357mag
2005-10-28, 18:21
IT could very well be something interfearing with spybots functions.

I would start by disabling as much as possible, doing a fresh boot with the least amount of stuff running in back ground.

Would than run spybot, using the option in settings, to run at higher Priority, just so SB is more dominant then everything else running.

If you have an older/slower system, this could make things take longer, so maybe just allow it to run for some time. Walk away.

What are the system specs (cpu speed, amount of ram, OS) and how long has it run till you stopped it?

pomak249
2005-10-28, 18:24
System is;

P4 3GHZ Prescott HTT
2GB 3200 DDR
ASUS P4S800 MoBo

I've left it runnig for several minutes but nothing happens after the 'not responding' message - should I just leave it longer? I notice some guys are experiencing really slow scans !

Thanks

bitman
2005-10-28, 18:50
Spybot S&D 1.3 was known to do this on HTT systems. If you have 1.3, get 1.4 by clicking the Download link on the menu bar at the top of this page. There is also a Tutorial link under Support on the left hand side of that same page that explains Installation and First run.

If you already have Spybot S&D 1.4 or it doesn't fix the problem, this is a rare situation that hasn't been explained yet. You can do the following to get a scan to work, but you'll have to do it each time you use the program.

Here is how:

Open Spybot, then leave it alone
Open Task Manager, and go to the Processes tab
Right-click on SpybotSD.exe, and choose "Set Affinity..."
On the box that comes up, check/uncheck boxes so that ONLY "CPU 0" is checked.
Go back to the already-open Spybot, and run a scan. It should complete without hanging or losing responsiveness.

pomak249
2005-10-28, 18:58
Wow thanks m8 !

Would never have thought of that !!

Trying it now,

Mick

pomak249
2005-10-28, 19:18
Thanks Bitman - worked a treat !

Hopefully they'll come up with a work round for this with a later release.

Cheers,

Mick:D

wk357mag
2005-10-29, 01:51
Looks like you got enough horspower there.

I too have a P4 at 3000mhz (3185mhz). My HT has never caused me an issue. Wonder why this is. But it appears to be the issue for you.

Glad you got it to work

pomak249
2005-10-30, 16:41
STRANGE!

And i have 1.4 ??

Mick

revrick
2005-11-05, 19:16
I have a P4 3000 mhz Prescott w/HT running 800 FSB on a Asus P4P800-VM MoBo.

FYI -I also experienced hanging that this work around seems to correct.

orta02
2005-11-05, 22:48
Spybot S&D 1.3 was known to do this on HTT systems. If you have 1.3, get 1.4 by clicking the Download link on the menu bar at the top of this page. There is also a Tutorial link under Support on the left hand side of that same page that explains Installation and First run.

If you already have Spybot S&D 1.4 or it doesn't fix the problem, this is a rare situation that hasn't been explained yet. You can do the following to get a scan to work, but you'll have to do it each time you use the program.

Here is how:

Go back to the already-open Spybot, and run a scan. It should complete without hanging or losing responsiveness.

Hi everyone,

Everytime I run spybot I always update and immunize but recenty I have not been able to complete an entire Problem search. When I Check for problems the checking begins and it stops on # 643 of 31110. This is exactly what i see on the bottom left of the spybot software window "Running bot-check (643/31110: Centra24)"
I tried the steps metioned on the quoted text above but it didn't help. I have a P4

bitman
2005-11-06, 01:32
The fix I posted above only works for a PC with HyperThreading (HTT) which first became available on P4 3.0GHz (3000MHz) and faster processors. It isn't the only reason for freezes or hangs during scan, and usually occurs at random (not the same) place during each scan. It also dosn't happen to all HTT PCs, since most such issues were fixed during the Beta phase of Spybot S&D 1.4.

I had requested that a few still having these issues with an HTT PC try a slightly different test which makes the Set Affinity permanent. However, no one ever responded, so I've never been able to confirm it works. If either of you having the issue would be willing to try it, I'll go look up the information again. It requires changing a small portion of the Spybot executable itself using a command line utility, but it's really quite easy as I tested it myself to be certain it caused no problems and changed nothing else.

orta02: Your issue sounds different since your scan always occurs at the same place. There are several other reasons this can occur so you need to start a separate thread to trouble-shoot your issue. I assume you've tried leaving the scan for at least a few minutes, if not try that first, then post in the new tread including your information above.

pomak249
2005-11-07, 16:41
Bitman,

Thanks m8 - I would very much appreciate a work round for setting the 'affinity' each time I run SpyBot.

If you can post it i'd be most grateful,

Mick
UK

bitman
2005-11-08, 05:22
pomak249: This tool and setting is only useful to attempt fixing the Spybot S&D hang a few have had. It locks SS&D to CPU0, the first processor, which isn't preferred under normal circumstances. However, it really shouldn't create any problems since typically Spybot S&D uses more of the processing power during a scan then anything else anyway. This is the same thing Set Affinity did, but is permanent for the modified SpybotSD.exe you'll create.

The tool you'll use is called ImageCFG.exe and was originally included on the Windows NT CD, but works with all OS versions based on NT that have come since. I found a link to this tool which I used to test the basic process a few months ago, but was unable to truly test the fix since I don't have HTT myself. There is also a good simple tutorial for the tool, though I'll give you the exact command needed further below.

http://www.robpol86.com/Pages/imagecfg.php

First, download the ImageCFG.exe file and place a copy in the Spybot program folder listed next so it's easy to use from a command prompt.

C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search and Destroy\

Next, open a command prompt (Start Menu, Programs, Accessories, Command Prompt) and change directory to the same folder.

CD "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search and Destroy\"

Now create a backup copy of the SpybotSD.exe file so you won't need to reinstall SS&D if there's a problem.

Copy SpybotSD.exe SpybotSD.org

Finally, execute the following command to modify the Spybot executable to use CPU0.

imagecfg -a 0x1 SpybotSD.exe

At this point the file should be modified and you can run Spybot S&D just as you normally would. Try running a scan without changing the Affinity setting by hand. Whether it works or not, I'd be curious if the Affinity setting is visibly changed in the process view you've already used before, so let us know this and if it works or not.

Thanks for giving it a try.
Bitman

< EDIT > Fixed missing quotes in CD to Spybot folder.

pomak249
2005-11-08, 12:17
Bitman,

None of the command prompts work ??

Keep getting (for both C:\Program Files\SpybotSD - Search & Destroy\ and imagecfg.exe) the following message;

'imagecfg' (or 'Destroy') is not recognised as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file.

Tried renaming 'imagecfg' to SpybotSD.exe still no joy - are you sure your instructions are correct ??

BTW, It is 'Search & Destroy' and not 'Search and Destroy' - tried both any how.

My Spybot is in the default location.

Mick
UK:confused:

bitman
2005-11-08, 15:03
That's what I get for not doing the commands again myself. The problem was you weren't actually in the Spybot folder, so the commands couldn't work.

ImageCFG.exe should NOT be renamed to SpybotSD.exe, so change this back if you haven't already. You're using ImageCFG to change SpybotSD.exe, not turning one into the other.

The instruction that caused the problem was the Change Directory, it should have been:

CD "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\"

The rest of the instructions should then work if both ImageCFG.exe and SpybotSD.exe are in the folder and properly named. Again, they are:

Now create a backup copy of the SpybotSD.exe file so you won't need to reinstall SS&D if there's a problem.

Finally, execute the following command to modify the Spybot executable to use CPU0.

pomak249
2005-11-10, 11:34
Bitman,

All done - works a treat!

Spybot completes a full scan with no need to preset affinity.

Thanks m8, much obliged,

Mick
UK

KMunzta
2005-12-04, 07:09
I am having the exact same problem as the original poster of this thread, but the suggestions to fix it don't work for me. Does anyone have an idea?

bitman
2005-12-04, 07:33
I am having the exact same problem as the original poster of this thread, but the suggestions to fix it don't work for me. Does anyone have an idea?
You're having similar symptoms, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's the same problem.

Does your PC have at least a 3.0GHz P4 processor with HyperThreading (HTT) and is the Operating System Windows XP?

If so, right click on the Task Bar and select 'Task Manager...', then click the 'Performance' Tab. Are there one or two CPU Usage History graphs displayed?

Which version of Spybot S&D are you running and how recent are the updates? Click Help, About in Spybot to view this information.

KMunzta
2005-12-04, 08:44
I do have windows Xp wih sp2 pentium 4. Im not exactly sure what HTT is. But i do have a CPU usage and the CPU usage history. I am running spybot 1.4 and everything is currently up to date.

bitman
2005-12-04, 09:24
You're very good at not answering the questions which are asked completely, but from your answers in this and your other thread I'm going to assume you don't have a HyperThreading processor. This means that the information in this thread is useless to you and you have a completely different issue.

Generally the type of problem you're having only occurs with Spybot S&D 1.4 if there is some sort of problem in the operating system, either registry or files. Unfortunately, there are a number of different possible causes, including the possibility that malware (virus, spyware, etc.) either currently exists on the system or did some damage in the past.

My earlier comment about answering questions was not intended to be mean, but to make a point. Trouble-shooting computer problems requires accuracy and completeness, to the level of what many consider being anal. Whether you normally think this way or not, you must attempt to at least answer any questions completely and accurately so those helping can understand what you're seeing and make the best judgement of what to do next. If you don't, at best it will take many more steps, at worst you can end up with a totally crippled PC requiring a complete Windows reload. I'm not trying to scare you, but this is a case where skipping steps and not doing everything exactly as asked can hurt you.

At this point I have only one question; When the Spybot program started freezing, had you experienced anything that might indicate you have malware, such as random pop-ups, sluggishness of web pages or the PC in general, or anything else that seemed out of the ordinary?

If so, please describe the symptoms as best you can, including how long ago it started, and if you've tried to fix it using programs other then Spybot S&D.

KMunzta
2005-12-04, 19:10
Prior to spybot freezing i have had no problems with random popups or any ads. Also I did not see any difference in the performance of my computer. I did notice sluggishness of web pages and after spybot began freezing about two weeks ago, my computer did start to slow down and it still does. I also run adaware se and yahoo anti-spy that comes with my internet software. Also i have NortonSystem works 2003, i did a full pc scan and it did not detect any virus (yes everything was up to date) I went through the one button checkup and at the windows registry scan it found some errors, and it automatically fixed them. I scanned again right after doing so and it said 0 errors found. They were invalid activex/com entries. I also did the usual, erased all cookies, internet files and history. I ran speed disk, defragment, disk doctor and quick clean (all with the norton) We went away for a few days unexpectedly and forgot all about shutting down the comp. before we hurried to the train and when we got back norton had said it detected a virus trojan.vundo This was about a month ago. My brothers wife's stepdad is a computer wiz and had taken the computer for a week or so and fixed everything for us. He got us the norton systemworks before that we had the anti virus and firewall. When we got the pc back everything worked as good as new

KMunzta
2005-12-04, 19:38
I just tried the mcafee online scan and it froze

bitman
2005-12-04, 20:57
Whew! Thanks for the very complete history, especially mentioning all the various programs that have been and are involved. This makes it clear that you either had a malware infection or an interaction between programs at the tme of your trip (trojan.vundo), but we don't know everything that your relative (brother's wife's stepdad), did to at least partialy resolve it.

At this point and with this much history I think it's best that we have someone look at the PC in the Malware forum. If there's malware, they should be able to find it and if not, they may recognize an interaction between programs that's contributing to the slowness and freezing you've seen. I have suspicions, but would need the same information they will, so I'll watch from the sidelines and add comments if I see anything.

What's needed is for you to start your own Thread in the Malware forum. Title it something that you think describes it (Anti-Malware Programs Freezing, Maybe Malware?) and copy and paste your above two post(s) as part of the info describing the problems.

Malware Removal Forum
http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22
You'll also need to follow the forum instructions found here:
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Start by mentioning that both the McAfee Online scan and Spybot S&D scans are freezing and try at least one of the others listed if you've got time. Make sure you Post a HiJackThis log following the instructions in the post exactly.

KMunzta
2005-12-05, 01:57
Thank you, the log is posted.

trespasser
2005-12-29, 18:29
It works like a charm bitman.

When checking the programs affinity it has indeed changed to cpu 0 only.

Thanks for this great workaround.

fiston
2005-12-30, 01:30
I have a p4 3G and it hangs while doing the scan of spybot at different quantity items scanned. Even if i do a fresh install of Winxp with only the drivers install. I wonder if it can keep a thread after a complete format and re-install. It works fine for every other programs but i think that spybot is a must. So , If somebody knows?

md usa spybot fan
2005-12-30, 02:33
fiston:

Does a p4 3G have hyperthreading? If so, try set Affinity to one CPU as posted by bitman (http://forums.spybot.info/member.php?u=74) earlier in this thread. See the following post:
http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=390&postcount=4

ddfed
2005-12-31, 21:12
Hi...........I just ran across this forum after I tried to get email support for a problem. I tried sending to this address but it keeps coming back undeliverable! mailto:bugreport@spybot.info.......There is definitely a problem somewhere. My pc is a p4 with 3.0 GHz and runs the program (older 1.3) with no problem and no tweaking in the Task Manager. FYI.....here is a copy of my email that I am having trouble sending....................Don

Good-day.....Quick question......I just installed S&D 1.4 on my new HP
Pavilion dv 4000 Laptop a few days ago(I've had it on my PC for ages) and
my scans take about 2+ hours. It scans some files then just hangs, scans
some more then hangs some more. I've properly removed and reinstalled the
the program many times but it still runs forever. All my other anti-virus
programs run at normal speeds. I'm running "default" scan. I tried
different advanced settings but it still runs slow.It seems to suck the
life out of the CPU Performance to using 100% most times with no other
programs running. I am running a Linskeys Wireless router but it is turned
OFF when scanning.It's a 1.6 Processor with 512mg ram and 60GB HD. I've
heard of some people on "web forums" with the same problem when they
installed the newer 1.4 version. I even tried my old 1.3 and it does the
same. Any ideas....It all starts to hang at file #643/
Central24..........................Thanks in advance....Don (Canada)

> --6DE3E85BBEDC86F361492A1DF1727702

Mário Rodrigues
2006-01-02, 05:24
I tried following the suggestions posted above but they dont work. Spybot crashes in my case at step 6689 and it takes a long tome getting there. Then the whole sistem goes crazy and I sometimes had to turn off power. I have a pIV 3.0 1ghz ram on a laptop sp 2 and all updates, It started more or less when I installed Panda titanium antivirus 2006, but I am not sure there is a connection. Any ideas?

bitman
2006-01-02, 06:06
I doubt either of you have HyperThreading (HTT) so the solution here has nothing to do with your problems. HTT first became available with recent P4 3.0+GHz processors, but it's an option and I don't believe it's common on laptops. If it wasn't advertised as HTT capable, it's highly unlikely.

We've seen a few different issues with hanging and you each seem to have a different one.

Mário Rodrigues: Your's sounds like it's hanging in the CoolWWWSearch detections, which appears to be related to conflicts with other Anti-malware applications with active (real-time) protection. Try turning off that real-time protection if you can and see what happens. By your description it sounds like the Panda titanium antivirus 2006 is your problem as you had guessed.

ddfed: I've seen several with your issue too, though I've yet to see a solution for it. You could try scanning while in Safe Mode (press the F8 key at boot just before windows starts to load) to see if that works. In your case it sounds like it keeps moving forward, so have you ever just let it run overnight to see if it completes and how long that takes?

Mário Rodrigues
2006-01-02, 06:26
I do have H.T. and if I try to turn it off the computer wont start, but I dont think its related since the problem is so recent. I will try your suggestion tomorrow and let you know what happens. Thanks.

Mário Rodrigues
2006-01-02, 06:55
No need to wait untill tomorrow, I turned off panda and the problem remained, cant think of anything else that might cause it. I ran several spyware scans with several programs and nothing was found.

bitman
2006-01-02, 06:58
My mistake, confused you two. Removed my previous post.

I suggest you try the Safe Mode idea using the F8 key to enter that mode before Windows boots.

If that doesn't work, what do you mean by 'goes crazy'? Are there error messages or does the system appear to crash somehow, and if so how?

Also, is there a fan operating that you can hear and does it speed up all the way shortly before the noticeable problem starts?

Mário Rodrigues
2006-01-02, 07:30
IT goes crazy because everything crashes like W98 minus the blue screen, yes the fan really speeds up and (when the crash is mild I can see the cpu use goes from 12% to 70% or more. I am trying a few more things tomorrow and I will keep postig. Thanks.

bhafkin
2006-01-02, 17:24
[.It all starts to hang at file #643/
Central24..........................Thanks in advance....Don (Canada)

> --6DE3E85BBEDC86F361492A1DF1727702[/QUOTE]

I have the same problem as above. The problem started about a week ago. I had "Spyaxe" and removed it successfully, using directions in the "malware" thread. I then got pop-ups for "Unspy" and I think I removed it successfully. I've run Adaware SE, TrojanHunter, AVG, RegClean, Ace Utilities, etc., and everything seems okay except that Spybot slows down/hangs at file #643.
Thanks for any help.
Berry

Mário Rodrigues
2006-01-02, 17:40
I Removed adware and win patrol (forgot I had it) opened S.B, I then check affinity again and this time it was marked 0 and 1 (previously only 0 was) I removed the 1, waited and started a search wich was completed, but taking much longer than usual and with a cpu usage of around 50%. It reported I had on registry EZCYBERSEARCH and I removed it. Does this give any clues?

bitman
2006-01-02, 19:10
Is the Ad-Aware the Personal or Pro version with Ad-Watch?

Does the WinPatrol have an active mode (real-time) monitor or is it just a scanner?

How long did it take, hours or just more minutes then usual?

I'd like to see the log where it found the EZCYBERSEARCH. Either the Checks or Fixes.txt file with today's date and the time you scanned/fixed will do. Open Spybot and select Mode > Advanced > Tools > View Report > View previous report and scroll to the right until you find one with the correct date and time (e.g. Fixes.060102-hhmm.txt).

Do you think you still have malware due to either pop-ups, sluggishness or other issues?

Mário Rodrigues
2006-01-02, 19:49
here is the report:

--- Report generated: 2006-01-02 15:30 ---

EzCyberSearch: Interface (IBHO) (Registry key, fixed)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\Interface\{792BA958-75C3-48F7-8B7F-D2EF53370ECE}

--- Spybot - Search & Destroy version: 1.4 (build: 20050523) ---

2005-05-31 blindman.exe (1.0.0.1)
2005-05-31 SpybotSD.exe (1.4.0.3)
2005-05-31 TeaTimer.exe (1.4.0.2)
2005-12-23 unins000.exe (51.41.0.0)
2005-05-31 Update.exe (1.4.0.0)
2005-05-31 advcheck.dll (1.0.2.0)
2005-05-31 aports.dll (2.1.0.0)
2005-05-31 borlndmm.dll (7.0.4.453)
2005-05-31 delphimm.dll (7.0.4.453)
2005-05-31 SDHelper.dll (1.4.0.0)
2005-05-31 Tools.dll (2.0.0.2)
2005-05-31 UnzDll.dll (1.73.1.1)
2005-05-31 ZipDll.dll (1.73.2.0)
2005-12-30 Includes\Cookies.sbi (*)
2005-12-30 Includes\Dialer.sbi (*)
2005-12-30 Includes\Hijackers.sbi (*)
2005-12-30 Includes\Keyloggers.sbi (*)
2005-12-30 Includes\Malware.sbi (*)
2005-12-30 Includes\PUPS.sbi (*)
2005-12-30 Includes\Revision.sbi (*)
2005-12-30 Includes\Security.sbi (*)
2005-12-30 Includes\Spybots.sbi (*)
2005-02-17 Includes\Tracks.uti
2005-12-30 Includes\Trojans.sbi (*)

On the time that it takes to complete the scan I would say that it takes 3 times than it used to (around 15 min.) the adware was the personal version, and the win patrol had a realtime feature, I since removed both. I have the panda firewall on andI ran several antispyware programs a squared and panda detected nothing and spyware doctor sometimes detects a trojan and others doesnt (Trojan.StartPage.GEN) I have been visiting very few sites and as far as I know these are reliable.
Can you suggest some program I should run to be sure?
When running spybot the computer does get slower.

Mário Rodrigues
2006-01-02, 19:56
Forgot to mention that I never had pop-ups, and today Panda detected some vulnerabities, but there are no updates available at windowsupdate.

Mário Rodrigues
2006-01-02, 20:02
I have spyware blater updated an with protection enabeld and use F.F. 1.5 much more often than I.E.6.Thanks.

bitman
2006-01-02, 21:16
I wouldn't be too worried about 15 minutes, we've had several with scans taking hours to days with no apparent explanation. Also, both FireFox and SpywareBlaster have effects on the scan time for Spybot S&D. This is because Spybot must check the additional FireFox folders for both cookies, Cache files and other items that don't normally exist with just IE.

With Spyware Blaster, the thousands of entries it creates in the registry must be searched through for those that might have been created by spyware instead. It's often stated that SpywareBlaster doesn't create any overhead, but that's really not true as you can see from this, but it is worth the overhead for the protection it gives.

Personally, I'd say you're suffering from anti-malware overload. We're seeing more of this lately as people try to run everything in the book to insure their safety. Other then taking lots of time, it also starts to have the issues you've been seeing. You should never have more then 1 active (real-time) antivirus and 1 active antispyware running at once. Watch out, some of the antivirus are now adding antispyware, so you might be doing this and not even know it.

The reason for this is that when one of the programs sees a 'bad' change, and tries to block or fix it, the another may see it too and they both try to fix it at once, causing a conflict. The likely reason that Spybot's scans are being slowed is that one or more of your real-time programs is checking each access made by Spybot to determine if it might be spyware, causing much more overhead then Spybot would itself.

This is why I recommended running a Spybot scan in Safe Mode, since most other software isn't loaded in this mode. That way you can see how Spybot runs without all the other programs, without needing to uninstall them all.

It's not a problem to have dozens of scanning programs on the same PC, as long as you only scan with one at a time. It's the multiple real-time programs that really cause the problem. I'd ask around about your favorites and pick either one of each (AV and AS), or one that covers both. You can leave the others installed as backup if you're sure you can turn them off entirely, so they just sit there waiting to scan or be turned on.

So you know, Spybot S&D 1.4 itself has increased significantly in scan time since it's release, in large part due to the addition of Services and many more spyware detections. However, the combination of all the issues mentioned above is making it much worse, and often multiplies rather then adds to the time.

Mário Rodrigues
2006-01-02, 21:39
Thats probably it (the overload) and panda does have buil-in antispyware. Guess I will stick to panda and spybot and keep a-squared since it has no real time feature. Thanks. Regards.

p4nts
2007-02-24, 10:50
I had the same issue with very slow scans starting from CoolWWWSearch. Disabling the McAfee meant that the scan suddenly went like a bullet.

BESteed
2007-05-24, 22:45
I have Spybot S&d 1.4, when I open task manager and go to the processes tab, right-click on Spybot SD.exe and choose "Set Priority"...the box that comes up has 4 choices only Realtime, High, Above Normal,Below Normal and Low. There is absolutely no ONLY "CPU 0 to check!!!

Here is how:

md usa spybot fan
2007-05-24, 23:07
BESteed:

There is absolutely no ONLY "CPU 0 to check!!!
bitman (http://forums.spybot.info/member.php?u=74) stated "Set Affinity..." not "Set Priority". If you do not have a "Set Affinity" then you do not have HyperThreading Technology (HTT).

dangdang
2007-06-24, 11:36
Where is set affinity? It does not show up when I right click SpybotSD.exe

Here is how:

dangdang
2007-06-24, 11:44
Hi, this seems to be what I must do but I simply cannot understand the instructions. What do I do immediately after entering the command prompt?
would it be possible to use numbers , like
1) do this
2) do that

many thanks, I know it is tiresome dealing with novices but it is even more frustrating for us knowing there is a solution but not being able to understand where to click.

That's what I get for not doing the commands again myself. The problem was you weren't actually in the Spybot folder, so the commands couldn't work.

ImageCFG.exe should NOT be renamed to SpybotSD.exe, so change this back if you haven't already. You're using ImageCFG to change SpybotSD.exe, not turning one into the other.

The instruction that caused the problem was the Change Directory, it should have been:

CD "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\"

The rest of the instructions should then work if both ImageCFG.exe and SpybotSD.exe are in the folder and properly named. Again, they are:

md usa spybot fan
2007-06-24, 13:17
dangdang:

Where is set affinity? It does not show up when I right click SpybotSD.exe
Please look at the post immediately above yours!

If you do not have a "Set Affinity" then you do not have HyperThreading Technology (HTT).