PDA

View Full Version : Kudos and a strange question

raiderfan23
2007-02-03, 01:29
I look through some of the help provided by the Safer Network malware forums and found some of the information and references to other sites very useful and have marked a number of them as favorites I have downloaded instructions to run scans on software I already had on my pc such as Spydot and AVG Antispyware.I saw one suggestion about updating Java and even though I wasn't having any problems mine was out of date. I learned the resore points could actually contain malware.

I suppose I shouldn't, but I have downloaded and run several of the diagnostic tools frequently used in helping those with problems. It was a way to review the results at my leisure.

I ran one diagnostic tool that I can't find the .exe .zip file for it. The log is titled pc-decrap-reg.txt. I've tried to Google the log name but only get results that refer to software that removes unwanted software from Dell computers. I also thought it might be a C-Cleaner log but that was incorrect also. Does anyone know the name and location of this file. I am sure I saw a reference to it in the forums.

Thanks

raiderfan23

shelf life
2007-02-03, 21:52
hi raiderfan23,

i think that is the utility for removing crap that ships with dell computers.
its called pcdecrapifier.
see if this helps:
http://www.yorkspace.com/pc-de-crapifier/

shelf life

raiderfan23
2007-02-03, 23:10
Shelf Life

Thanks, but I had tried that previously. After running it it came back with a message that there was no software to remove.

This is just the beginning portion of the log.

The title (in the blue bar) says pc-decrap-reg.txt. There is no name for the program that created it as you would find in a HJT log.

raiderfan23 :)

shelf life
2007-02-06, 00:28
hi raiderfan23,

The title (in the blue bar) says pc-decrap-reg.txt.

i dont recall any software with that name other than the dell decrapifier.

shelf life

tashi
2007-02-19, 05:37
This topic has been archived.

If you need it re-opened please send me a private message (pm) and provide a link to the thread. Applies only to the original poster, anyone else with similar problems please start a new topic.