PDA

View Full Version : teatimer & msconfig probelm

puppetj
2005-12-19, 00:29
ok ill try to explain this best way i can hmmm..:D
i attached a file to show the teatimer popup. Now its ok to ask me once of this after i us msconfig, i'll just click allow or remember this action "check box" before clicking allow, but why is this showing up in the 1st place even after i dont use it say the next time or so and how do i clear it from the teatimer memory?

Zenobia
2005-12-19, 05:24
Okay,just to be sure...you used msconfig to select normal startup mode,and teatimer prompted you to allow the change,but now teatimer keeps prompting you to allow or deny the change over and over again,is that correct?

puppetj
2005-12-19, 21:36
i used it to uncheck stuff that i didnt want to start up in the systemtray, but yes this happens:

but now teatimer keeps prompting you to allow or deny the change over and over again

md usa spybot fan
2005-12-19, 22:48
I am a little confused by your statement:

… but now teatimer keeps prompting you to allow or deny the change over and over again
I’m not sure if by "over and over again" you mean that there appears to some kind of loop were TeaTimer continually issues the message (x times a minute) or if you mean each time you perform a certain action (i.e. reboot).

TeaTimer takes snapshots of Registry entries and compares these with the Registry at startup. Until these snapshots are updated you may get pop-ups (at startup) of changes you made in the past. In other words, TeaTimer attempts to return the Registry to the state it was in when the snapshots were taken. This happens primarily when you reboot the system.

Assuming that you are getting the message at system startup, try the following and see if the messages stop. Refresh TeaTimer's snapshot files as follows:

Right click Spybot's TeaTimer System Tray Icon > click Exit Spybot-S&D Resident.
TeaTimer closes.
TeaTimer's snapshot files are refreshed at this time.

Restart TeaTimer:
Using Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy.
Double click TeaTimer.exe to start it.

puppetj
2005-12-19, 22:54
yes i mean buy restarting..i tried what you said, and ill get back to you & let you know if it works next time i restart ty

puppetj
2005-12-20, 22:18
yeah i seemed to fix it thanks!