PDA

View Full Version : My Spybot search and destroy program disappeared. The SpybotSD.exe file is gone.

technocowboy
2007-02-04, 09:54
My Spybot search and destroy program disappeared. I tryed reloading it but the SpybotSD.exe is not there. I copied the SpybotSD.exe file on a flash drive from another computer that I use Spybot Search and Destroy with, but as soon as I plugged the flash drive in to the computer I'm having the problem with, it disappears from the flash drive. I tried the following:

I deleted the configuration file (which is named Configuration.ini) in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot Search & Destroy\.

I also used CWS.SmartKiller removal utility. found at
http://www.safer-networking.org/files/delcwssk.zip

I've run AVG, Ewido, Ad-aware, Ms Windows Malicious Removal Tool (KB890830), cwshredder

I'm using Windows XP Media OS, on a Toshiba laptop

The same thing happens when I tried to load Tred Micro. The Trend Micro exe file is not there.

Any advise?

Mr_JAk3
2007-02-05, 12:44
Hi technocowboy and welcome to the Forums :)

Sounds that you're infected.

Please post a HijackThis log to here: Click here (http://downloads.malwareremoval.com/HijackThis.exe) to download HijackThis.exe
Save HijackThis.exe to your desktop.
Create a new folder named HijackThis to your desktop. Move Hijackthis.exe into that folder.
Run HijackThis.exe
Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
Click Save to save the log file and then the log will open in notepad.
Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

tashi
2007-02-17, 02:48
As the information requested has not been provided, this topic has been archived.

If you need it re-opened please send me a private message (pm) and provide a link to the thread. Applies only to the original poster, anyone else with similar problems please start a new topic.