PDA

View Full Version : Spybot Search&dESTROY SCAN GETS STUCK...

ronenvvv
2007-02-04, 22:11
hi guys,
I have a problem with spybot S&D. I am tryig to do a full computer scan and arround 28864 (Smitfraud-C) it gets stuck for a long time (more than an hour now). Do you have any idea why? How to deal with it?

http://www.snowboards.co.il/Photos/Gallery/740712608.jpg

Stugotz
2007-02-06, 04:23
http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/1556/sderrorqi5.jpg

Yup, just reinstalled and mine gets stuck here everytime, been a few hours since i left and came back and still same screen scanning as above

bigboyer320
2007-02-06, 05:57
I tired uninstalling and then reinstallation, but get the same results as the last post. I get stuck at the same place. The very first time I removed a cws bot on a new installation. Ever since then, spybot stops before finishing at zglob. Same clipped picture as the previous poster. Where do we go from here:eek:

spybotsandra
2007-02-06, 09:34
Hello,

In case you are using a dated version of Spybot-S&D, as a first solution, please download the latest version Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4. This should fix the problem. You will find links to several download locations for this new version on our web site:
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html
Please search for new updates after installing Spybot S&D 1.4.

If this doesn't help please delete the contents of your Windows temp folder and try it again: For that purpose, please run Spybot-S&D and switch to "Advanced mode" via the menu bar item "Mode". Now select "Tools" --> "Secure Shredder" from the navigation bar on the left. There select "Add files from temp folder" from the drop down menu on the top (hit the small arrow next to templates). Then "Chop it away!"

You can also try the following:
- select "Settings" --> "Settings" in the navigation bar on the left and untick the checkbox in front of "display confirmation dialogs"
- exit Spybot-S&D so the settings are saved
- run Spybot-S&D and "Check for problems" again

Expect it to run slowly, it appears to hang. Please be patient - it should clear with the problems fixed.

If it still doesn't work please select "Settings" --> "Settings" from the toolbar on the left. In the section "Main settings" please untick the checkbox in front of "Create system restore point when fixing spyware/usage tracks".

Do you have installed the latest Advanced Check Libary update?
Please search for new updates.

Further which anti-virus solutions do you run?

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Stugotz
2007-02-07, 06:45
Norton Internet Security 2006

Scans fine until gets to Zlob, any way to deal or remove that specific file or substitute with something else?

Never had prob with this program until reinstalled just recently

eLsad
2007-02-07, 12:43
I have the identical problem. The scan gets to 57301/59900: Zlob.ZCodec and then doesn't complete even after it's been left for hours running at c. 95% CPU. The name Zlob.ZCodec appears at around 50000/59900 and then the numbers continue to increase to 57301 before stopping.

I'm not sure when it started but it's definitely been happening since last weekend. I run a scan on every startup and it downloads updates automatically before running. I am assuming that an update has caused this problem as I have not updated anything else and have not reinstalled Spybot as the other posters have.

I have tried the steps recommended above but the problem has not gone.

I am running Windows 2000, Outpost Firewall and Norton Antivirus.

Aloysius
2007-02-07, 18:42
I am also experiencing prolonged scans with Spybot S & D 1.4 This has been the case for only about a month or two. After everything else is scanned, the scan sits on Zlob ZCodec for an hour or two. When the scan finally finishes it shows a deceptively short period of time. Today's scan shows 19:20 even though the scan actually took about 75 minutes. Today's scan reported, "No immediate threats were found." Previously my scans required about 10-15 minutes.

I am running Windows XP SP2 with all updates. I have a multiple-boot computer, and I believe that I have had the same experience when running Windows 2000, SP4.

I routinely check for and download all available updates before running scans. I also regularly empty the Temp folder.

Windows Task Manager shows that Spybot S & D is running even though the scan appears to have stalled.

I have Norton Antivirus (Norton Systemworks 2003) installed with Auto-Protect activated. I also have BitDefender 8 Free Edition installed without active protection.

I wonder if there is a bug in the software or in the malware definitions. :sad:

Vistronic
2007-02-07, 21:50
SB stalls out and locks on coolwwwsearch, # 6006/57569.
I ran coolwwwsearch removal tool and I did not have it.
I do not believe this computer has spyware. Its firefox web browser and spyware blaster and adaware all running on it scanning weekly and avg daily. Its a Dell p4 win xp pro. sp2.

I tried uninstalling, reinstalling.
then uninstall reinstall new folder.
also cleaned registry and tried reinstall.
All the same spybot stalls out.

It looks like a spybot or windows update trashed the program as it stalls now.
Any fixes?

Thanks
Vis.

eLsad
2007-02-12, 12:11
Does no-one have an idea about this?

Vistronic
2007-02-12, 20:55
Again same thing as before spybot stalls computer.
Tried reinstall , reinstall new directory, deleted folder reinstall, control panel reinstall, install, and so on.
Win xp pro sp2, nothing unusal running.
Looks like spybot is down on this computer, may have to try avg anti-spy as subsitute. I really dont have the 4-8 hours to try and fix this. but if there is a fix please post ... if not spybot is going out... I like spybot but cant have something that locks computer.

I run AVG anti-virus.

Vis.

pardak
2007-02-21, 21:24
My computer is doing the same thing. I've used 3 other anti spyware programs to scan and all the others say it's clean now. I am also using Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition 10.2 which says it's clean. I've used hijack this and removed everything that was suspicious and I have tried uninstalling/reinstalled spybot several times. It starts to scan gets to
(6006:58051 coolWWWsearch) and just scans and scans and scans. I also tried the coolWWWsearch removal tool and it said that it didn't detect it on my system. Any ideas would be appriciated.

Thanks

queenjac
2007-02-22, 09:00
I have been having this problem for about a month and now the scan gets stuck and never finishes - even when left running overnight. I have uninstalled/reinstalled, scanned with other programs and nothing has helped.

Now it won't even update, this is new since last week.

Someone please help us SOON!:eek:

spybotsandra
2007-02-22, 11:29
Hello,

This could be caused by several reasons like an old Spybot version, too much temporary files or problems with the system restore point.

In case you are using a dated version of Spybot-S&D, as a first solution, please download the latest version Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4. This should fix the problem. You will find links to several download locations for this new version on our web site:
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html
Please search for new updates after installing Spybot S&D 1.4.

If this doesn't help please delete the contents of your Windows temp folder and try it again: For that purpose, please run Spybot-S&D and switch to "Advanced mode" via the menu bar item "Mode". Now select "Tools" --> "Secure Shredder" from the navigation bar on the left. There select "Add files from temp folder" from the drop down menu on the top (hit the small arrow next to templates). Then "Chop it away!"

You can also try the following:
- select "Settings" --> "Settings" in the navigation bar on the left and untick the checkbox in front of "display confirmation dialogs"
- exit Spybot-S&D so the settings are saved
- run Spybot-S&D and "Check for problems" again

Expect it to run slowly, it appears to hang. Please be patient - it should clear with the problems fixed.

If it still doesn't work please select "Settings" --> "Settings" from the toolbar on the left. In the section "Main settings" please untick the checkbox in front of "Create system restore point when fixing spyware/usage tracks".

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

queenjac
2007-03-05, 22:09
Thanks for your replies Sandra, but as you can see it's not working; people are following your instructions to no avail!

Is there no cure!?

spybotsandra
2007-03-06, 10:03
Hello,

Many users have reported a problem after the advanced check library update (version 1.5) from the 2007-01-12:
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=10443/_
The scan was much faster before, now it takes longer than one hour.
But we were able to fix the problem yet. You can download the new update here:
http://www.spybotupdates.com/updates/files/spybotsd_advcheck.exe
Now your Spybot - Search & Destroy should scan as usual.

If you are running Spybot - Search & Destroy on a system that has Hyperthreading Technology (HTT) please read the following thread:

Spybot-S&D will not complete a scan?
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=110

Here is another post that might help:
http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=390&postcount=4

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

StephenQF
2007-04-05, 05:54
Spybot stops at 6011 which is CoolWWWSearch. After a bit it starts to beep at 2 different frequencies, It starts to beep more frequently. Then the whole computer reboots. If I pause the scan it stops beeping. I tried AVG and it starts beeping too. Eventually AVG crashes but not the whole computer. Running Win2K. I ran Spybot in normal and safe mode and AVG in Safe mode.
No solution yet.

dhodson
2007-04-15, 01:22
has anyone found a solution to this prb yet. my computer still gets stuck with coolwwwsearch and doesnt finish the scan

D

seymour
2007-04-17, 21:12
I have downloaded the latest spybot,
cleaned the temp files
unchecked all the boxes
tried setting affinity ( but to no avail as it does not show up as a selection) ( mobile pent R, 1.7 ghz, 2 gig ram)
and it still hangs, even in safe mode!

I am runnning XP Pro (SP2).

HELP!!!!!!