PDA

View Full Version : How to post new thread?

Alzheimer?
2007-02-10, 17:07
Help!

Well, I can't for the life of me figure out how to post a new thread at this forum. I've been to literally hundreds of forums and there's usually a "post new thread" tab somewhere at the top, prominent like.

I saw this here only after I clicked on "Test" somewhere and I'm not sure if this is just a "test" message I'm sending or what?

There's not a single reference in the FAQ either, not in any heading there,
that suggests anything about (presumably the MAIN function at all forums) posting a new thread.

Also, I've re-programmed Firefox specially to "allow" cookies (as per the FAQ);
yet I had to log back in just now just to preview this, my own, post. If it is
necessary to exit Firefox first or sign off the net altogether, or maybe even reboot first, then this should be noted in the FAQ. At moment I'm limited
to a Win 98 box. I wonder if this has anything to do with it.

What am I doing wrong or what am I not seeing here?

Thanx

Jed :red:

md usa spybot fan
2007-02-10, 17:23
Alzheimer?:

You evidentially figured it out since you posted a "New Thread". Now select the forum that you would like to post in and click on either "New Thread" button (on the left side of the screen both above and below the list of topics).

Zenobia
2007-02-11, 05:32
I get logged out when I'm on Firefox regularly,even with the Spybot forum cookie Allowed.It seems to happen when I take longer to type my post.I just sign in again when I'm done,my post is always still there.

Alzheimer?
2007-02-11, 11:03
OK. Thanx. Got it now; but for some reason never saw that "New Thread" tab last time 'round.
Maybe it was because I was having sign in problems and never got that tab. Don't know.

Looks like there's 2 ways to get to it. Main way, as you imply, is to click on 'Forums' to bring up
the Forums listing. In the header we have:

Forum ----------------------------------------------------- Last Post - Threads - Posts
------

Perhaps it might be an idea to, as an added courtesy, provide some extra guidance for those like
self w/ coordination problems by, for example, slightly changing the above header, as follows:

Forum - click a Forum below; then on 'New Thread' to submit - Last Post - Threads - Posts
------

or something like that, to sort of jog the old brain.

Another thing I think I saw at some of the other forums is that when you click on "Reply",
the original thread title (or whatever you call it) is automatically dumped for you in the
'Title' box, which is a bit of an extra convenience, so to speak.

Well OK, thanx v. much both for your enlightenment! Zenobia, et. al. Really appreciate.

Jed... :red: & :oops: