PDA

View Full Version : [Issue 062] Problems with immunization

Sherlockian
2005-12-20, 08:14
I upgraded my Spybot to version 1.4 a couple of weeks ago, and it keeps telling me that I have (after I download an update):

"6 additional protections possible. Please immunize."

If I immunize again, it will say that all is well. Then, the next time I go back, even just to check things, I get the same message about the 6 still being there, needing to be immunized. It's like the 6 won't take or something. Is there something that I am doing wrong? I never had any problems with the older version of Spybot.

Any suggestions appreciated--thanks!

:buried:

spybotsandra
2005-12-20, 08:56
Hello,

This is a little bug in Spybot - Search & Destroy. The programm tries to immunize other accounts.
Probably, you do not have the rights to immunize because you are running Spybot as a normal user and not as admin.
As a current solution you can try to "Undo" the Immunisation. Now the bad products are allowed.
Then "Immunize" again. This should solve the problem for now.
We are about to locate this bug and fix it.
The fix will be downloadable with our next program upgrade.
We hope that it will be available soon.

Some more information is availible at our forum:
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=78

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Sherlockian
2005-12-21, 09:22
I followed the instructions, and read the other thread--it still comes up with that pesky number 6.

Guess I'll just have to wait it out...thanks for trying!

:buried:

snagglepuss
2005-12-30, 04:08
Many thanks for this forum, and for this thread in particular! :)

My OS is Windows 98 SE. Other software running: NAV 2003, ZoneAlarm Security Suite, WinPatrol, MyNetWatchman.

After installing and updating Spybot S&D v1.4, I got the same alert as Sherlockian every time I opened the Immunize panel: "2415 bad products already blocked. 6 additional protections possible. Please immunize." Then I would click the "+Immunize" button, and it would tell me "2421 bad products now blocked," but the next time I opened the Immunize panel or clicked "Check again," I was back to "2415 bad products already blocked. 6 additional protections possible."

I thought about uninstalling, because the mirror sites often send me corrupted files, but the uninstall dialog said I should try undoing immunizations and re-immunizing first. That didn't help, so I uninstalled, tried to download a fresh copy of v1.4, got a corrupted one the first time, got a good one on my second try, reinstalled, updated, and got the same immunization problem as before.

So I'm glad I burrowed through the Support links to find this forum.

spybotsandra, every user has admin rights on Win 98se, and I did try undoing immunization and re-immunizing.

Thanks.