PDA

View Full Version : spybot scan speed

dirk2359
2005-12-20, 11:56
Good Day. I have been using spybot for many months and it has worked great - but recently, I have noticed that what used to be a 20 minute scan is now taking upwards of 8 hours. This does not seem right. Has anyone else had similar experience? I also use adaware personal and it works great - and clears up whatever spybot misses. Is there a way to speed up spybot to regain a 20 minute scan. I am using Millenium on a Pentium 2 - 450

:confused:

Yodama
2005-12-20, 13:45
hello dirk2359

please make sure that you do not include whole drives as download directories, or in other words, in the download directory section only include the real downloaddirectory.

a normal scan on a p2@450MHz should not take anything close to 8 hours, I would estimate about 20 to 30 min, I will also check this out on a K6@450MHz.

Yodama
2005-12-26, 00:13
ok, I did make a Testrun with Spybot on a AMD K6@400MHz on a WinXP Prof. with SP2, on 192MB RAM, Teatimer and AntivirGuard running (my Sissies Computer)

a complete scan with Spybot 1.4 with all sbi and usagetracks but without a downloaddirectory took 35 minutes and 2 seconds.

I hope the provided info helps a bit.
If you have removed the download directory and the scanning time is still too long, there may be other processes running at the same time.
In that case please post Spybot Report File .

nice Julfestival