PDA

View Full Version : Did Spybot kill my Active Desktop?

Bultaco
2007-02-12, 21:10
I just know I'm gonna look like a dufus when I hear the answer to this one....but, I haven't used Active Desktop in months, possibly years. Now that I'm attempting to try it out again, I don't even see the "Web tab" on my Desktop Items window (after clicking Customize Desktop in my Display Properties/Desktop window.) (This is where you're supposed to click to add Active Desktop items.)
Is it possible that some function of Spybot 'murdered' this capability?......or must I have deleted it/killed it myself in some fit of anxiety or quest for speed?
Any thoughts greatly appreciated.
Motorcycle Mike

tashi
2007-02-13, 08:37
Hello.

This link may help you find the Program. :)

How to Enable or Disable the Active Desktop:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/190228

noel-pr7
2007-02-20, 22:55
I just know I'm gonna look like a dufus when I hear the answer to this one....but, I haven't used Active Desktop in months, possibly years. Now that I'm attempting to try it out again, I don't even see the "Web tab" on my Desktop Items window (after clicking Customize Desktop in my Display Properties/Desktop window.) (This is where you're supposed to click to add Active Desktop items.)
Is it possible that some function of Spybot 'murdered' this capability?......or must I have deleted it/killed it myself in some fit of anxiety or quest for speed?
Any thoughts greatly appreciated.
Motorcycle Mike

Bultaco, can you tell us what version of Windows you have on your computer when dealing with the Active Desktop problem?

Active Desktop is usually turned off in Windows XP. It might be turned on by default after installing Windows 98.