PDA

View Full Version : PowerFull Malware prevents security-Installations

masteripper
2007-02-14, 07:01
Hi to everybody,well i have a pretty nasty problem and i beginnining to see "Format" as the only solution.
Let me explain.
Yesterday i tried to install Daemon-Tools to test an iso i had.
As some point of the installation Mcafee got disabled and after a restart it was gone.
"Icompatibility" i thought lets rearm the weapon manually.So i went to the Control Panel of Mcafee to discover that McShield.exe (the main protection executable) was gone.
"data corruption" was my second thought.So i picked up my flash stick with the mcafee installation and began installation.It took only a few seconds to discover that this is a No-GO.
A nice 1304 error was blocking my mcafee installation.I tried again and again to install it,i went to their forums but kaboom nothing on the subject.I uninstalled and installed daemon several times but nothing.
I run HijackThis but i didn't found anything suspicious at first.
"Lets try SpyBot" was my last rational thought.So i downloaded and installed it
But guess what,after the installation is finished spybot.exe is gone .Something is deleting along with a an exe teatime(something like that)
Well after that HELL is the only definition i can think for the security status of my computer. I saw in my process a "wintems.exe" that i read is a trojan but even if i shut it down nothing changes and i cannot find where is hidden.
I have tried every antivirus trial like f-secure and kaspersky and all of them just die in the installation process.
I have triend online scanners but trend just died in the scanning, bitdefender deleted some files that they were probably the source of the problem but not the problem however and kaspersky found also some but they were locked and did nothing.
So please enlight me.
right now i am in work so i have no connection with the problem computer.
So advice and i will follow instruction when i get back home.

masteripper
2007-02-14, 18:40
Nevermind i fix it.

tashi
2007-02-14, 20:54
Thank you for letting us know. Please do not post in other members malware topics.

"BEFORE you POST" -Preliminary Steps (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Regards. :)