PDA

View Full Version : Error during check

SupImScott
2007-02-14, 10:27
Every file checked comes up as "error during checking." What do i do?

Thanks Scott

SupImScott
2007-02-14, 10:31
My bad. most of the programs are called webdialer spyaxe spydefense, etc,.

What are they?

spybotsandra
2007-02-14, 11:28
Hello,

You seem to be using a dated version of Spybot-S&D.
Please download our current version Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4. That should fix it.
You will find links to several download locations for this new version on our web site:
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html
Please search for new updates after installing Spybot-S&D 1.4.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

SupImScott
2007-02-14, 11:34
I have 1.4 And i found it Spyaxe is a spyware program that declares itself as a anti-spyware program.

SupImScott
2007-02-14, 11:45
I saw on wikipedia. that they said spyhunter was the best to remove it. But i have to purchase it. Is there a way i can remove it with spybot?

spybotsandra
2007-02-14, 12:18
Hello,

SpyHunter is a not recommendable tool.
We detect SpyHunter as malware.

There are anti-spyware tools like 1stAntivirus, AdArmor, Ad-Protect, AdsAlert, ADS-Remover, AdwareAlert, AdwareBazooka, Adware-Patrol, AdWare Pro, AdwarePunisher, Adware Remover, AdwareSheriff, AdwareSpy, AdwareX Eliminator, AgentSpyware, Alfacleaner, Antispywaresoldier, AntiVerMinsPro, Antivirus Gold, AntiVirusPro, BPS Spyware Remover, BreakSpyware, Contra-Spy, CyberDefender, DiaRemover, Doctor-Adware-Pro, DriveCleaner2006, Easy-Spyware-Killer, ErrorGuard, Error-Killer, EDT-Security-Scanner, ErrorSafe, EyeSpyNow, Goodbye-Spy, KillSpy, MalwareAlarm, MrAntispy, MySpyProtector, NoAdware, PC-Health-Plan, Pestbot, PestCapture, PSGuard, PurityScan, Registry Cleaner, Repair Registry Pro, ScanSpyware, Spionfrei, SpyAxe, SpyBlocs, SpyCleaner, Spycontra, Spydeface, SpyDefence, SpyDestroy-Pro, SpyFalcon, SpyGuard, SpyHeal, Spyhunter, SpyMarshall, SpyNoMore, SpyOnThis, SpySherrif, SpySpotter, SpywareBomber, SpywareBot, SpywareCleaner, SpywareNO!, SpywareSheriff.FakeAlert, SpywareSoftStop, SpywareStormer, SpywareStrike, SpywareQuake, SpyQuake, SysRegistryCleaner, SystemDoctor2006, Trek Blue Error Nuker, Trojan-Guarder, TrueSword, Virusblast, VirusBurst, VirusRescue, WareOut, WinAntivirusPro2006, WinFixer, WinHound, WinSoftware.Winsoftware.WinAntiSpyware2006, WorldAntispy, X-Con-Spyware-Destroyer, X-Spyware, XSRemover, YourSoft-AntiVS or YourSoft-AntiVT which have a very dubious or bad character. They state to be an anti-spyware tool but employ questionable advertising methods: In the form of a PopUp they offer a scan of your system. They refer you to an infection of viruses and spyware on your system which is actually not true, because the listed items are not really on your pc. After downloading the software you can only scan for the threats. If the threats (pseudo-infections) are detected you have to register first and pay (up to $30) in order to remove them. Some of these dubious anti-spyware tools do also create a toolbar in IE and create recurring PopUps.

Screenshots are availible at: http://board.protecus.de/showtopic.php?threadid=15694

More dubious anti-spyware tools you will find here:
http://spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm

So if you want to get rid of the baddies please send us a complete bug report. In order to do so, please run Spybot-S&D, let it scan, try to fix the problems (!) and then go to "Tools" --> "View Report". Tick all the 10 checkboxes (leave "Do not report disabled or known legitimate items" unchecked) you can find there and click on "View Report". Now choose "Export" and save the file to your desktop. Please attach this file to your email and send it again to detections@spybot.info.

Although nothing is present after a scan we will be able to locate the threat in your bug report.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot