PDA

View Full Version : Update Question

patmac
2007-02-14, 17:55
I see in the update list: "Main Update" 1.4 dated 6/10/05, is this all I need to go from version 1.3 to 1.4? Sorry if I'm behind the times...and thanks for your time.
patmac

spybotsandra
2007-02-15, 09:59
Hello,

It is our real main update to version 1.4.
The date shown is older than the actual date, because Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4 has been released some time ago.
We did actually underestimat the number of installations of version 1.3 which did not manually update to 1.4. So we just recently added the main update as a general update for version 1.3.
It is a recommended update since version 1.3 has outdated features that do not support all of the new detection rules.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

patmac
2007-02-18, 19:55
Thank you. I tried downloading and installing 1.4 today, and it gets to the point where it is installing and extracting files, and fails with the following error: Error occured while trying to replace existing file:
DeleteFile failed; code 5
Access denied.
I tried "retry" several times, but no go. I aborted (only other option was "ignore") and it rolled everything back.
Any help will be much appreciated and thanks for your time.
patmac

md usa spybot fan
2007-02-18, 20:08
patmac:

If you are installing on a system that has user accounts with different levels of authority, are you installing from a Computer Administrator account that has authority to add/delete directories/files and manipulate the system registry?

patmac
2007-02-18, 23:45
Yes, I'm installing on the Administrator account. The only other is a Limited User account.

patmac
2007-02-21, 23:51
Can anyone help with this?? Thanks

maryhitt
2007-02-25, 18:45
I have this same problem. I'm trying to update from Version 1.3 and I get the identical message. I also chose "Abort." I am on a family network of computers (4 computers in the house, linked wirelessly) and I am the Administrator. I am trying to install this on the main (Administrator's) computer where I have Administrator's rights.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you!

Mary