PDA

View Full Version : vista compatible antivirus software

hedgehog
2007-02-14, 22:13
does anyone know of any excellent/very good FREE anti virus/firewall software which is compatible with vista, having some problems finding some

cheers

tashi
2007-02-15, 01:17
Many of the free AV's have not played nicely, but it is early days yet and no doubt the Vendors will catch up soon.

I am using Eset Nod32 for Vista on my machine; a 30 day trial is available if you are in need of an AV immediately.

Zenobia
2007-02-15, 04:29
I've been using AVG antivirus with Vista,no problems so far(knock on wood)

hedgehog
2007-02-15, 11:03
ive tried nod32 and avg antivirus, but still no good, im just running a beta version of vista, forgot to mention that, rc1, that cud b the problem

cheers

tashi
2007-02-15, 16:47
Hi hedgehog.

Windows Vista RC1 is time-limited, pre-release software that will expire on June 1, 2007.

You may not be able to upgrade your installation of Windows Vista RC1 to the final, commercially available edition of Windows Vista. To upgrade, you will need to acquire the final edition of Windows Vista and you may have to do a clean installation.

In addition, once you install Windows Vista RC1, you cannot roll back to the previous operating system installation—you will either have to acquire and install the final released edition of Windows Vista or reinstall a previous edition of Windows.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/preview.mspx

:fear: