PDA

View Full Version : Connect MFC Application

Janeygee
2005-12-20, 22:51
Every time I log onto the net, I find this "Connect MFC Application" when I do a scan.
No other scanner that I have tried, Panda On Line, and MS System Scanner ONline, find this .

Is it a False Positive?

Danny
2005-12-21, 02:22
I don't think it's a false positive.......(it seem to be a dialer)

...wait for the spybot team for a more accurate advise....

tashi
2005-12-21, 03:42
Hello Janeygee.

Please open Spybot>Help>About
Let us know the version and latest detection update.

Also your Operating System and other security programs installed.

Cheers.

Janeygee
2005-12-21, 11:48
Thanks for the speedy response.
I am running SB S&D 1.4 last detection update 2005-12-16, other security progs: AVG personal. AdAware SE personal, MS Antispyware, a-squared, I also use CWSShredder,CCleaner and RegMechanic, all updated regularly, on a regular basis.

Spybot is the only one of the above progs that detects "ConnectMFCApplication"

it removes it, whilst off-line, but as soon as I reconnect to the net, it returns.
I have tried shutting down 'System Restore' and cleaning, but on reconnecting to the net, MFC returns.

The only other details I can provide are that when I go to the 'Recovery Screen' in Spybot, click on MFC, I get a list of all the times it has been removed like:

HKEY-Users-1-5-21-1851053670-3886708023-2576822316-1006\Software\Windows\CurrentVersion\InternetSettings\Con.

I cannot see anymore of this listing.
There are about 25 such listings, all the same. Hovering the cursor over anyof them, shows "ConnectMFCAppilication.**.zip" where * is a number.

I also connect to the net on dial up, using "Onspeed".

My PC is a Dell, 18 months old running a Pentium4 processor, XP Home with SP2 and fully updated with all security updates.

I have recently done On-line scans, with Panda and the new Microsoft one, neither detect 'MFC'.

Thanks in advance

Yodama
2005-12-21, 13:13
if nothing else than "HKEY-Users-1-5-21-1851053670-3886708023-2576822316-1006\Software\Windows\CurrentVersion\InternetSetti ngs\Connection\access-to"
is being flagged, than it appears to be an false positive.

every time Spybot fixes an item, it creates a backup in a zipfile, with incrementing numbers.

so if the same item was fixed repeatedly, as in your description, there will be several recovery files.

please post the spybot scanreport in this thread.
As for now I will deactivate detection on the Registry Key listed above.
Deactivation will be effective with the next update, expected at the end of the week.

Janeygee
2005-12-21, 14:42
Thank you very much for your assistance.:bow:

The only thing that I can find in relation to the scanreport you request is when i "View Report" Is this what you wanted?

I tried to copy/paste but it is too big!!!

Can you help with what you want exactly?

md usa spybot fan
2005-12-21, 17:20
Janeygee:

Try the following:

Open SpyBot, check for and get any updates available. Close all browsers and run a scan (if you do not run a fresh scan the results will not show in the report). When the scan completes go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Tools > View Report. Ensure all the options are selected except the following:
Uncheck [ ] Do not report disabled or known legitimate Items.
Uncheck [ ] Include a list of services in report.
Uncheck [ ] Include uninstall list in report.
Select View report > then Export > in the save in box choose a place such as your My Documents folder and save as a .txt file. By excluding these two items from the report the size should allow you to attach a copy to a post in this forum (39.1 KB limit):
[ ] Include a list of services in report.
[ ] Include uninstall list in report.
Near the bottom of the posting area under Attach Files > click Manage Attachments > Browse > navigate to and attach the report stored above.

Janeygee
2005-12-21, 19:32
Trying again after doing what the last post said.

It appears to have worked

md usa spybot fan
2005-12-21, 20:22
Janeygee:

Did you run a fresh scan? I do not see any scan results in the report!

Janeygee
2005-12-22, 12:54
Sorry,
fresh scan done and attached:o

Yodama
2005-12-28, 11:47
your Report looks fine , as stated above I have removed the entry from detection that was beeing flagged as Connect MFC Application.