PDA

View Full Version : How to Modify Entries in Spybot Resident

steve_podleski
2007-02-16, 06:30
I mistakenly did not allow a registry entry change for an item called "Global Browser Toolbar". And now Spybot Resident now causes endless notices that this registry has not been changed. How can I fix this?

Zenobia
2007-02-16, 06:38
Was Remember This Decision checkmarked when you didn't allow the change?Do the notices appear in the lower right corner of your desktop,and mention anything about a blacklist?

steve_podleski
2007-02-17, 01:49
Was Remember This Decision checkmarked when you didn't allow the change?Do the notices appear in the lower right corner of your desktop,and mention anything about a blacklist?
Yes to both questions.

Zenobia
2007-02-17, 04:34
To remove an entry from the Black &White list,rightclick Teatimer,and select Settings,which will bring up the Black & White list.
You should see four things at the top of the Black & White list,Allowed Processes,Blocked Processes,Allowed Registry Changes,Blocked Registry Changes.You can click each one until you find the item you want to remove. Then click the black X beside the item to remove it,say Yes to the prompt,then click OK.

steve_podleski
2007-02-18, 05:02
To remove an entry from the Black &White list,rightclick Teatimer,and select Settings,which will bring up the Black & White list.
You should see four things at the top of the Black & White list,Allowed Processes,Blocked Processes,Allowed Registry Changes,Blocked Registry Changes.You can click each one until you find the item you want to remove. Then click the black X beside the item to remove it,say Yes to the prompt,then click OK.

How do I get to Teatimer?

md usa spybot fan
2007-02-18, 05:33
Right click on the TeaTimer (Spybot-SD Resident) icon in the system tray (system notification) area.

steve_podleski
2007-02-18, 06:11
When I try to click on the icon in the system tray, the popup only appears for a fraction of a second, not enough time to click on an item. I think that all the "Registry change denied" popups are interfering.

md usa spybot fan
2007-02-18, 06:54
Are you right clicking on the icon?

steve_podleski
2007-02-18, 21:10
I think that you are right. I probably was left clicking. I finally got the opportunity to get into Tea Timer settings and change the registry change blocked list.

Thank you very much for your patience!