PDA

View Full Version : My Way Search Assistant uninstall issue

DazzleSurprise
2007-02-19, 06:35
Hey everyone.

I apologize if I have the wrong forum for this. If I do, please feel free to delete this.

Recently I decided to uninstall the Dell My Way Search Assistant from my PC to make room for other programs I actually use. But when I went to the control panel to add/remove programs and selected to uninstall it, I got this error:

Error Loading C: PROGRA~1/MyWaySA/SrchAsDe/1.bin/desrcas.dll

The specified module could not be found.

So I asked for help from another forum, and I was told to delete the folder and delete the file from the registry. I am hesitant to do so, since I hear if you change the registry and you don't know what you are doing, you can seriously screw up your computer.

I would also like to know if this is a major file that is missing. Like, if something happened where the file was needed, would my whole computer go haywire? Also, why do you think that file isn't there? Do you think it accidently wasn't installed by Dell, or that it is corrupted? I'd really like some info, please. I'm fretting over it, but I don't know if I should.

Thanks in advance!

tashi
2007-02-19, 11:52
So I asked for help from another forum, and I was told to delete the folder and delete the file from the registry.

Hello.

I take it this is your topic: daniweb (http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/post316364.html)

To avoid confusion, it would be best if you share your concerns with crunchie in that thread. ;)