PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft.Windows. RedirectedHosts

matseims
2007-02-20, 22:06
Hi,
can anyone help me out wit this one ?
Please bear in mind that I am far from being an expert in computer matters.
On running Spybot this one,"Microsoft.Windows.RedirectedHosts" ( with 81 entries !!!!), keeps coming back within a split second even.
is it dangerous, what is it and should (and can ?) I remove it permanently ?
thanks for any assistance,
Mat

md usa spybot fan
2007-02-21, 16:02
Please post a log of the actual detections you are getting. To do that:
Run another scan.
When the scan completes, right click on the results list, select "Copy results to clipboard".
Then paste (Ctrl+V) those results to a new post in this thread.
Also, are you adding any entries to your HOSTS file using an add on HOSTS file such as Bluetack HOSTS, hpHosts, Mike's Ad Blocking Hosts, MVPS Hosts, etc.?

matseims
2007-02-21, 17:25
Hi MD,

thanks for your assistance. This is what I am getting, doing what you suggested. to me it is all Greek, bear that in mind !!!!
on another site I read a suggestion that one should run SPYBOT , clean it out, and then shut down the computer without closing it down. I tried that one but with me it did not work.
By the way, are we talking about a virus here, or spyware ?
hoping you can help me out !!!!

Mat

--- Search result list ---
Microsoft.Windows.RedirectedHosts: Omgeleide host (Omgeleide host, nothing done)
symantec.com=101.13.209.239

Microsoft.Windows.RedirectedHosts: Omgeleide host (Omgeleide host, nothing done)
avp.ch=183.97.110.57

avp.ru=179.51.181.210

kaspersky-labs.com=110.101.147.64

service1.symantec.com=108.217.74.1

viruslist.ru=115.45.29.170

www3.ca.com=103.38.35.138

trendmicro.com=176.188.88.223

update.symantec.com=105.130.169.168

nai.com=180.172.202.29

my-etrust.com=103.113.37.211

www.ca.com=111.18.29.102

networkassociates.com=115.89.143.98

avp.com=114.153.7.176

kaspersky.com=182.218.134.18

f-secure.com=179.113.96.3

viruslist.com=178.104.12.229

mcafee.com=185.0.220.131

sophos.com=183.50.26.181

md usa spybot fan
2007-02-21, 18:41
Your HOSTS file has entries that override access to many anti-virus sites. It appears that you have some sort of virus/worm.

Consider posting in the Malware Removal (http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22) forum and having someone take a look at your system. Follow the instructions here:
"BEFORE you POST" -Preliminary Steps
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288
After completing those steps, start a new thread (topic) in the following forum (making sure to include the HijackThis log and online scan logs produced from the instructions above):
Malware Removal
http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22

Addition note: Following the instruction provided by your helper precisely. If they instruct you to post a log, don't whimsically edit it like you did with the log you posted here!!!

You may have trouble accessing the online scans required in the "BEFORE you POST" -Preliminary Steps (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288) instructions, but I can't tell because you said that you were getting 81 deletections and only listed 19.