PDA

View Full Version : access violation at adress and...shutdown

reindeer
2007-02-22, 14:41
I've never had any problem with spybot but since I did my last update(21-2-2007), it tells me when I scan that there are access violation in some adresses then its stops or crashes the computer and I have a blue screen. So I tried to reinstall it and I even did a scan in the safe mode of windows xp and it works...
please Help me to solve this problem because I don't want to go in the safe mode to do scans and I want to know where the problem is!
Can you help me?

spybotsandra
2007-02-22, 14:45
Hello,

Similar errors at various points during the scan have been reported on numerous occasions by people running Windows 95/98/ME systems.

The scan terminates when the error occurs.

You can translate (German to English) using:
http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/

Zugriffsverletzung bei Adresse = Access injury with address (or more correctly Access violation at address)
Modul = Module
Lesen von Adresse = Reading from address

This (in German):
Error during check!: --- various --- [Zugriffsverletzung bei Adresse 005FD5D2 in Modul 'SPYBOTSD.EXT'. Lesen von Adresse xxxxxFFF] ()
Becomes (in English):
Error during check!: --- various --- [Access violation at address 005FD5D2 in Module 'SPYBOTSD.EXT'. Reading from address xxxxxFFF] ()

The error seems to be transient in nature and other people seem to have been able to overcome the error by limiting the system resources used by other processes in the system.
In other words, run as little as possible while running the Spybot scan.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

reindeer
2007-02-22, 15:17
I do the best to limit the memory use by the OS (winxp).but I think the problem is not there. My cpu is an amd athlon 2100+ 1.7giga and I have 1.2 g Ram, so when I look the task manager I seen that my cpu runs at 100% but my memory use is only 147Mo . But the problem is still there. If you have another solution, tell me.

reindeer
2007-02-28, 17:04
so,I am a lazy man and I dddn't want to open my computer but the problem was still there. I decided to open it and found an amount of dust between my fan and the radiator (I don't know if it's the correct word) of my cpu. I simply removed it and I noticed that my cpu was working less during a scan and so I could finished it whitout any problem and there was no shutdown and blue screen.
thx to Spybot sandra and to a man who write this solution in another forum.