PDA

View Full Version : Broken Microsoft Office

RedNellac
2007-02-23, 00:19
I ran Spybot S&D for the first time and, maybe coincidentally, after that both MS PowerPoint and MS Visio refused to start up. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Have I deleted something that I shouldn't (which I know I can recover)? Is this the result of a false positive, by any chance?

Thanks, Tony:sick:

Zenobia
2007-02-23, 08:38
It would be best to post the log of what you removed,so that someone here might be able to see it. :) Sooooo.....
It shows how to do that from this (http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=69805&postcount=2) post,but I'll just quote it to make it easier.

Note: By default here are two Checks.yymmdd-hhmm logs produced during a scan. The second Checks.yymmdd-hhmm has the details of what the scan found. A Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm log is produced if you fix or attempt to fix something.

There are two methods to review and optionally post the logs from previous runnings of Spybot's "Check for problems" and/or "Fix selected problems":
Method 1:
Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Tools > View Reports > View Pervious reports. Look for the Checks.yymmdd-hhmm or Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm from when you detected the problems. Open it. Right click > Select all. Right click > Copy. Paste (Ctrl+V) to the post.
Method 2
The Checks.yymmdd-hhmm and Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm files are stored in the following folders:
Windows 95 or 98:
C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows ME:
C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows NT, 2000 or XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the correct Checks.yymmdd-hhmm or Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm file. Double click on it and it should open with Notepad. Copy and paste (Ctrl+V) into a post.

noel-pr7
2007-02-26, 23:49
I ran Spybot S&D for the first time and, maybe coincidentally, after that both MS PowerPoint and MS Visio refused to start up. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Have I deleted something that I shouldn't (which I know I can recover)? Is this the result of a false positive, by any chance?

Thanks, Tony:sick:

RedNellac, can you also tell us what version of Microsoft Office you have installed on your computer?

tashi
2007-02-26, 23:55
It would be best to post the log of what you removed,so that someone here might be able to see it. :)

Still with us RedNellac? :)