PDA

View Full Version : Fixed: How do I exclude search result?

smileyeh
2007-02-23, 10:28
I have a 'customized' Start button, and Spybot sees it as "Nurech.shell.explorer.exe". When I fix the problem, my customized button goes back to the default Start. I reset it to my preferred version, and ran the scan again, intending to exclude this result from further searches, only to find that option is greyed out and can't be used. Is there a way around this besides just ignoring it every time I run a scan?
And I guess the second question is how can I tell if Spybot is actually finding "Nurech.shell.explorer.exe" and not my customized button, without having to go through the process of fixing the problem, seeing the result, and then restoring my customized button?

spybotsandra
2007-02-23, 10:36
Hello,

After a scan with Spybot - Search & Destroy

* Expand the detection if necessary (+ to the left of the detection).
* Select the item (entry) that you want to exclude by left clicking on it to highlight it.
* Then right click on highlighted detection.
* Select from the list of options in the menu.

If you would like to do it this way Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > Ignore products > Security tab and check the items there. Make sure you are checking the correct items, don't check all of them You can drag the PRODUCT section to ensure you see the full path.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

smileyeh
2007-02-23, 11:27
Thank you Sandra, I got the detection checked on the 'Ignore Products' list. Now, what happens if I get Nurech.shell.explore.exe for real?

smileyeh
2007-02-25, 01:31
Is there any possibility that this false positive will be addressed and corrected?

Yodama
2007-02-26, 09:00
hi,

the false positive will be removed from detection with the next update scheduled for the middle of this week.

smileyeh
2007-02-27, 08:58
Thanks for your reply. Do I take "Nurech.shell.explorer.exe" off the Ignore Products list after the update?

Yodama
2007-02-27, 16:09
hi,

there is no need to take "Nurech.shell.explorer.exe" from the ignore products list, since the detection on this product was completely removed.