PDA

View Full Version : bootini.exe, telcom.exe and others .....

makAus
2007-02-27, 00:33
Hi,

This is my first post, have searched old posts for info and while I did find some useful posts, would like to ask some more specific questions. I'm trying to rid my sisters computer of virii and have identified bootini.exe, telcom.exe and sophos antivirus detected a number of others but couldnt remove them. I have tried Spybot (must manually end process bootini.exe for this to actually come up) but i get a BSOD (stop error escapes me at the moment, but something about a RAM error) half way through the scan. Tried to save a Hijackthis log, but instead of saving the log just shuts down Hijackthis (same deal with the bootini.exe before i can open Hijackthis). When I go into safe mode, all i get is a black screen, no icons or anything, however I managed to run spybot in safe mode by ctrl + alt + del and starting through the task manager, however still got BSOD half way through scan. Now I know that for anyone to help me it would be good to have a Hijackthis log, but it wont let me save the log. Any suggestions ???

Thanks in advance

Peter

shelf life
2007-02-28, 00:54
hi makAus,

bootini.exe is a backdoor. the BSOD may or may not be related to the malware. have you tried to delete the bootini.exe file from the system 32 dir. this may not be possible in "normal mode'

if the computer is still functional, i would not use it over a network or the internet, if you have a cable modem i would unplug it.

anyway to get another antimalware app on the computer like via a CD?

shelf life

tashi
2007-03-06, 01:05
This topic has been closed to prevent others with similar issues posting in it.

If you need it re-opened please send me a private message (pm) and provide a link to the thread. Applies only to the original poster, anyone else with similar problems please start a new topic.