PDA

View Full Version : poison ivy infection

mistersquirrle
2007-02-27, 00:43
A few months ago I first got this trojan and it disabled some buttons on my computer like sound, WiFi, and things so when ever I pressed one of them my computer would freeze and I'd have to restart. I eventually managed to get rid of it some how but it's back again and I don't know how I did it
I've scanned my computer with Spybot S&D, AVG AntiSpyWare and Virus, Ad-Aware SE, and Windows Defender but they haven't found anything

Here's my hijackthis log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 3:33:22 PM, on 2/26/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16414)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\bin\btwdins.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\oodag.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\WtSrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wwSecure.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\hpq\HP Wireless Assistant\HP Wireless Assistant.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\point32.exe
C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust PestPatrol\PPActiveDetection.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Program Files\Ashampoo\Ashampoo AntiSpyWare\AntiSpyWareGuard.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Washer\wwDisp.exe
C:\Program Files\Ashampoo\Ashampoo AntiSpyWare\AntiSpyWareControl.exe
C:\Program Files\HPQ\Shared\hpqwmi.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\usnsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\taskmgr.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Snaples\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\ssv.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Cpqset] C:\Program Files\HPQ\Default Settings\cpqset.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] "C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] "C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpWirelessAssistant] "C:\Program Files\hpq\HP Wireless Assistant\HP Wireless Assistant.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelliPoint] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\point32.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [eTrust PestPatrol Active Protection] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust PestPatrol\PPActiveDetection.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AtiPTA] atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ashampoo AntiSpyWare Guard] C:\Program Files\Ashampoo\Ashampoo AntiSpyWare\AntiSpyWareGuard.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nod32kui] "C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32kui.exe" /WAITSERVICE
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Window Washer] "C:\Program Files\Webroot\Washer\wwDisp.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Ashampoo AntiSpyWare Taskplaner] "C:\Program Files\Ashampoo\Ashampoo AntiSpyWare\AntiSpyWareControl.exe" -TRAY
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5free/asinst.cab
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: Bluetooth Service (btwdins) - Broadcom Corporation. - C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\bin\btwdins.exe
O23 - Service: FSGKHS (F-Secure Gatekeeper Handler Starter) - Unknown owner - (no file)
O23 - Service: HP WMI Interface (hpqwmi) - Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. - C:\Program Files\HPQ\Shared\hpqwmi.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: Macromedia Licensing Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macromedia Shared\Service\Macromedia Licensing.exe
O23 - Service: NOD32 Kernel Service (NOD32krn) - Eset - C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32krn.exe
O23 - Service: O&O Defrag - O&O Software GmbH - C:\WINDOWS\system32\oodag.exe
O23 - Service: WinTab Service (WinTabService) - Tablet Driver - C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\WtSrv.exe
O23 - Service: Washer AutoComplete (wwSecSvc) - Webroot Software, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\wwSecure.exe

thanks

pskelley
2007-03-03, 13:24
Welcome to the forum, I will see what I can do to help, first I imagine you can guess what google says this is: poison ivy infection. You have told me about all of these programs that did not find this item, but you have yet to say what program did find it, or to give me any idea about the location, or any information about it. I also need to say that since I see no antivirus scan report, it appears you did not see these instructions: "BEFORE you POST" -Preliminary Steps
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Move HJT from the Desktop for safety. I prefer C:\HJT\HijackThis.exe, if you need additional instructions use these: http://russelltexas.com/malware/createhjtfolder.htm

Here is what I see in this log: You are running two antivirus programs at the same time and this is not a good thing. They conflict with each other and you will be less safe than if you ran one good program and maintained it properly.
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/2000031316555206
"Microsoft recommends that you have only one anti-virus program installed on your computer."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/03/AR2005120300087.html

C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\
C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32kui.exe

I also see: C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\
C:\Program Files\Ashampoo\Ashampoo AntiSpyWare\

all powerful realtime programs all running at the same time. There is really no way to know what kind of problems this causes.

If you want me to help, I need you to do this:

Choose what antivirus program you wish to run, then uninstall the other.

We can discuss the antispyware programs before we finish, but for now you need to turn the realtime protection off on two of them so they are not conflicting.

I need more information about this supposed trojan/malware, expecially the program that identifies it and where that programs says it is located (pathway)

I would like you to use these instructions to run AVG Anti-Spyware making sure you delete or at least quarantine anything located and save the scan report to post.
http://forums.security-central.us/showthread.php?t=3165

Take care of the issues I mentioned, provide the information I requested along with a new HJT log and the results of the AVG Anti-Spyware scan.

Thanks

mistersquirrle
2007-03-03, 21:54
No antivirus/spyware program that I have found this, I was looking in my processes after my compuer kept freezing and I found that there was a process called FIREFOX.EXE that was running usually with the same memory usage that I couldn't delete so I searched on google for something like "duplication firefox.exe process" and I eventually found a site that said that it's part of a trojan called poison ivy.

---------------------------------------------------------
AVG Anti-Spyware - Scan Report
---------------------------------------------------------

+ Created at: 12:39:46 PM 3/3/2007

+ Scan result:

C:\Documents and Settings\Snaples\Cookies\snaples@metacafe.122.2o7[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : Cleaned.

::Report end

HiJackThis Log:
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 12:53:21 PM, on 3/3/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16414)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\hpq\HP Wireless Assistant\HP Wireless Assistant.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\point32.exe
C:\Program Files\Ashampoo\Ashampoo AntiSpyWare\AntiSpyWareGuard.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Washer\wwDisp.exe
C:\Program Files\Ashampoo\Ashampoo AntiSpyWare\AntiSpyWareControl.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\bin\btwdins.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\oodag.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\WtSrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wwSecure.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\Program Files\HPQ\Shared\hpqwmi.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Opera\Opera.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE
C:\Documents and Settings\Snaples\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\ssv.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Cpqset] C:\Program Files\HPQ\Default Settings\cpqset.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] "C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] "C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpWirelessAssistant] "C:\Program Files\hpq\HP Wireless Assistant\HP Wireless Assistant.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelliPoint] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\point32.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ashampoo AntiSpyWare Guard] C:\Program Files\Ashampoo\Ashampoo AntiSpyWare\AntiSpyWareGuard.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Window Washer] "C:\Program Files\Webroot\Washer\wwDisp.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Ashampoo AntiSpyWare Taskplaner] "C:\Program Files\Ashampoo\Ashampoo AntiSpyWare\AntiSpyWareControl.exe" -TRAY
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - Startup: Adobe Gamma.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: Bluetooth Service (btwdins) - Broadcom Corporation. - C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\bin\btwdins.exe
O23 - Service: FSGKHS (F-Secure Gatekeeper Handler Starter) - Unknown owner - (no file)
O23 - Service: HP WMI Interface (hpqwmi) - Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. - C:\Program Files\HPQ\Shared\hpqwmi.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: O&O Defrag - O&O Software GmbH - C:\WINDOWS\system32\oodag.exe
O23 - Service: WinTab Service (WinTabService) - Tablet Driver - C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\WtSrv.exe
O23 - Service: Washer AutoComplete (wwSecSvc) - Webroot Software, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\wwSecure.exe

pskelley
2007-03-03, 22:54
Thanks for returning your information and the feedback. I see you removed the free program. Windows Defender, are you paying for this one: C:\Program Files\Ashampoo\
If so I would uninstall AVG Anti-Spyware or at least disable it so it is not running at all. It is a good on demand scanner and the updates are free. There is just no benefit from running it once the trial is over. I am going to suggest those two programs should not be running at the same time.

Seems you ignored this instruction?
Move HJT from the Desktop for safety. I prefer C:\HJT\HijackThis.exe, if you need additional instructions use these: http://russelltexas.com/malware/createhjtfolder.htm

You are going to have to provide more information than you have. I see nothing of this item, please describe any malware symptoms you are receiving, post any error message you receive, word for word.

Post links to this information you said you located about this "trojan"

Let's have a look at your uninstall list: Open Hijackthis.
Click the "Open the Misc Tools" section Button.
Click the "Open Uninstall Manager" Button.
Click the "Save list..." Button.
Save it to your desktop. Copy and paste the contents into your reply.

Save it to its own folder in the DesktopDouble-click blbeta.exe to run the program
Click : Scan
A list of all items found is created

The list is in the BlackLight folder on the Desktop, and named fsbl.xxxxxxx.log (xxxxxxx are numbers).

Please provide the log created by BlackLight in your next reply.

Thanks

tashi
2007-03-10, 16:26
Due to lack of a response to helper this topic has been archived. If you need it re-opened please send me a private message (pm) and provide a link to the thread.

Applies only to the original poster, anyone else with similar problems please start a new topic.