PDA

View Full Version : spybotsd.exe and teatimer.exe gets deleted during installation

sahosaho
2007-02-28, 22:18
Whenever i try to install spybot, the files spybotds.exe and teatimer.exe get automatically deleted in the spybot folder.

I tried to manually copy these files in the spybot folder but the files get deleted b4 my eyes. Never seen such a thing. :fear: I have the same issue with installing any symantec products.

Checked the system with AVG antispyware, spybooster, panda antivirus and all is clean.

Does anyone else have or had the same issue.

PS: I can run spybot if i rename the file to another name but then i get an error about the update module being corrupted.

spybotsandra
2007-03-01, 10:21
Hello,

Usually, we would ask you to create a Spybot - Search & Destroy system report to see whether there is some new spyware that especially targets Spybot - Search & Destroy (there has been malware removing anti-spyware products in the past). In this case, we may need to utilize a different tool to find out if there is some pest that did this, and if so where it is exactly. Please download HijackThis: http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/
Follow the instructions on that tutorial page to create a log. Please mail that log to our detectives at detections(at)spybot.info. Make sure the subject is clear; we're currently collecting reports on this threat, so we suggest you start the subject with [Spybot Attacked]. Thanks a lot for your help, and we promise to find this one asap!

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

sahosaho
2007-03-01, 15:41
Hello,

Usually, we would ask you to create a Spybot - Search & Destroy system report to see whether there is some new spyware that especially targets Spybot - Search & Destroy (there has been malware removing anti-spyware products in the past). In this case, we may need to utilize a different tool to find out if there is some pest that did this, and if so where it is exactly. Please download HijackThis: http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/
Follow the instructions on that tutorial page to create a log. Please mail that log to our detectives at detections(at)spybot.info. Make sure the subject is clear; we're currently collecting reports on this threat, so we suggest you start the subject with [Spybot Attacked]. Thanks a lot for your help, and we promise to find this one asap!

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

You can close my post. I found out what to do. It was a rootkit named m_hook.sys that i was able to rename through the blacklight root eliminator. All working now. :)

md usa spybot fan
2007-03-01, 20:32
sahosaho:

Thanks for posting back with the resolution of your problem. Your post may help others who are experiencing the same type of problem that you had.