PDA

View Full Version : spybot resident popup on every start up

flykoko
2007-03-01, 12:10
Thank you for reading my question, I'm having a problem with spybot resident. I uninstalled a large software a couple weeks ago, it deleted many registry entries, I allowed these changes when the resident popup. At the end of the uninstall, the software asked to reboot and I did. But after that, on every reboot, spybot resident would popup and ask me if I want to delete the same registry entries (about 5 of them), every time I clicked allow, but on next reboot, they would popup again asking me if I want to delete.

How do I fix this? Thank you!

md usa spybot fan
2007-03-01, 13:47
The cause of the problem may be because TeaTimer's snapshot files are out of sync with the registry. TeaTimer takes snapshots of Registry entries and compares these with the Registry at startup. Until these snapshots are updated you are likely to get pop-ups (at startup) of changes you made in the past. In other words, TeaTimer attempts to return the Registry to the state it was in when the snapshots were taken.

The solution to the problem is to refresh TeaTimer's snapshot files as follows: Right click Spybot's TeaTimer (Spybot-SD Resident) System Tray Icon.
Select Exit Spybot-S&D Resident.
TeaTimer closes.
TeaTimer's snapshot files are refreshed at this time.

Restart TeaTimer:
Using Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy.
Double click TeaTimer.exe to start it.

flykoko
2007-03-02, 03:02
I followed your instruction and the problem was resolved, Thank you very much!