PDA

View Full Version : gamehouse.com blacklisted by Spybot S&D?

Furrage
2007-03-01, 20:54
I recently went to http://www.gamehouse.com and found it had been added to the restricted sites in IE7. As such I cannot download games I am interested in. I did some checking and realised that the addition was made by Spybot S&D after I immunized a few days ago.

I removed gamehouse from the restricted sites list, but it still came up restricted. I also checked the ignore products, etc, in Spybot to see if I could allow gamehouse but it was not listed there. I eventually undid the immunization and only then did IE7 stop recognising gamehouse as a restricted site. However I do not want to operate without immunization as I am safer with it.

So I would like to know what is happening. Is gamehouse now involved in malicious activity? Is it a bug in your program that is causing it to block gamehouse even though it is not listed in Spybot as being blocked? Please explain.

md usa spybot fan
2007-03-01, 21:11
Furrage:

Spybot adds two (2) registry entries to place gamehouse sites in the restricted zone:
*.gamehouse.com
www.gamehouse.com
Try removing both entries from the Internet Explorer restricted zone.

Furrage
2007-03-01, 21:26
Thanks md usa spybot fan. I did not know there would be two entries. Once I removed them gamehouse was back to normal. But I still have 2 questions.

1) Is something wrong with gamehouse that I should be concerned about, hence them being black listed?

2) Why wasn't there an ignore option in Spybot for gamehouse?

NeoGutsman
2008-03-09, 18:22
I am having a similar problem, but even after removing the following from the IE restricted zone I still cannot visit the site or launch any games via their FunPass service.

*.gamehouse.com
www.gamehouse.com

FunPass is an all-you-can play service where you can download almost any game from their site and play it an unlimited amount of times (as long as you pay their $19.99 per month of course). I also can't register any games I want to reinstall because now my system won't let the installers ping GameHouse to verify my registration codes.

I've noticed that my one spare PC at work doesn't have this problem, only systems which I've installed SpyBot onto. Is there another setting/place I haven't looked in Windows, Firefox (my main browser), or SpyBot itself that I can tweak so that I can play my games?

Thanks in advance for any help.