PDA

View Full Version : Removing spyware from an installer

Ozferal
2007-03-02, 02:28
G'day all

Somehow a key logger by name of IamBigBrother has attached itself to a game mod that we made.

Extracting to a folder and scanning with Spybot and many others, there are no alerts etc. However, when I installed this mod to a computer running CA's VET Anti Virus, it picked up the problem.

How can I be rid of this pest so that the mod is safe to distribute to other gamers?

Cheers,
Oz

pskelley
2007-03-02, 15:35
Welcome to the forum, I really have no idea, I would suggest since you say a program picked up the problem, that you navigate to the file/folder and delete it. If you want me to look more, then you will need to follow these directions:
"BEFORE you POST" -Preliminary Steps
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288
Please read and follow all instructions and post all required logs or reports, anything less will slow your process.
Use "Post Reply" to post the information in the instructions and stay in the same topic.

Thanks

tashi
2007-03-07, 05:30
Due to lack of a response, this topic has been archived.

If you need it re-opened please send me a private message (pm) and provide a link to the thread. Applies only to the original poster, anyone else with similar problems please start a new topic.