PDA

View Full Version : Computer Won't Start Normally, wierd dlls

Gpooj
2007-03-02, 14:58
Ok, this is frustrating. Yesterday I noticed my computer was running poorly when I was using my C compiler, anyway, my compilation environment crashed, and even on restart wouldn't run, so I installed it's updated verson.

Today Windows will sit on its loading screen indefinately. So, I boot in safe mode. Safemode asks me if I want to skip loading these two wierd dlls, something like xmas-something, anyway. I skip them, and go on my way.

I try to run system restore, it gets as far as asking me if I want to restore to an earlier date, then just sits there, no matter how many times I click next.

Oh yeah, and if I try to log on with my user name it says that there's a security problem or a file is corrupted and it loads using a temporary profile.

My hard drive is making no strange noises at all. I run spybot regularly, and have PCCillin Internet Security 2006 as my anti-virus and firewall.

So... I'm guessing I need to do system restore, but I can't... Did I get infected with something while I was installing Quincy 2006? I just don't get it, it was a reliable download site.

Anyway, what do I do now?

(PS Knoppix Live DVD refuses to boot, and Beatrix won't let me open my documents and settings folder)

Gpooj
2007-03-03, 16:42
Here's an update:

I was able to run Knoppix Live DVD. I can mount and view files on my primary and secondary hard drives. Now, it randomly allows me to view files on my primary hard drive for whatever reason, and it responds slowly when doing so.

I tried to allow write operations to my secondary hard drive in order to backup files, but I was unable to do so and it gave me the error "Windows was not shut down properly, run windows, shut down, and try again."

So, what's going on? I suuuuuuure hope it's a software issue with Windows being messed up and locking my primary hard drive (because it seems to be locking my secondary hard drive also, but only to a degree).

Anyway, I'm really not sure what I can do at this point.

I'd appreciate any help.
*nervous*

pskelley
2007-03-29, 12:28
Welcome back, this does not sound like a malware issue to me, but I will be glad to take a look if you will but follow the directions:
"BEFORE you POST" Mandatory Steps Before Requesting Assistance http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288
Please read and follow all instructions and post all required logs or reports, anything less will slow your process.
Use "Post Reply" to post the information in the instructions and stay in the same topic.

Safemode asks me if I want to skip loading these two wierd dlls,I will need exact names, and error messages "word for word".
This is also posted to keep you from getting overlooked like this.
If you have waited FOUR days for advice post here.
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=1137

Thanks

tashi
2007-04-06, 04:56
This topic has been archived.

If you need it re-opened please send me a private message (pm) and provide a link to the thread. Applies only to the original poster, anyone else with similar problems please start a new topic.