PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade v 1.3 to v 1.4...how to?

leenagrace
2007-03-03, 00:33
Hey all, :D:

I just realized I have Spybot S&D v1.3 running and there is a new version available. I use the UPDATE function every time I run S&D but I think it is only updating the definitions and not the actual program.

:scratch: Am I supposed to accomplish this upgrade to 1.4 some other way? Do I have uninstall v1.3 via Win Control Panel first and then install v1.4? Will my exceptions settings for cookies I desire to retain stay in place within S&D if I upgrade? Or do I have to start all over selecting my exceptions?

I looked in the Help section and browsed the posts here but can't find an answer to this. FWIW, this is a common question I have when upgrading numerous software programs and it always seems to be the one FAQ that isn't explained. I have no idea why so many programs overlook soothing nervous users who want to upgrade but are scared they'll screw everything up without an official "prepare and then upgrade" to-do list from the people who know best, the software makers.

Thanks again :bigthumb: for this lovely product. I really appreciate what it does for my computer experience.

Leena

tashi
2007-03-03, 03:35
Hi there.

Does this topic help: http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=23629&postcount=2 :)