PDA

View Full Version : My computer is infected by Virtu Mondo

LarsRoan
2007-03-07, 11:50
Like another member, http://forums.spybot.info/archive/index.php/t-2996.html I face the same problem. The reason is 10 minutes without firewall two days ago. I tried to link my new pc to my old pc by the router and has experienced that Zonealarm block this unless I close Z. down. Then I forgot to physical remove the broadband line into my router. Today AVG found to virus (or?): C:\Docum..settings\myName\LocalSettings\oexuwrin.dll and C:\Windows\system32\Mswinsck.ocx - which was deleted. By the time/date I found further some suspicious files established at the same time as the last one in C:\Windows\system32\;
ssqrpmj.dll + pmnkihg.dll + wvutrom.dll + fccayxw.dll + cbxyvww.dll + iifgfcd.dll + jkhhe.dll + ssqpo.dll + ssttt.dll and
ehhkj.ini + opqss.ini + tttss.ini + tttss.bak1 + qpnqhiti.exe + npgpbwqw.exe.
At exactly the same minute, but 24 hours after this was installed, also these files has been installed;
oylqfiwd.dll + tttss.bak2 + qpnqhiti.exe + dwifqlyo.ini.
tttss.ini and dwifqlyo.ini har been changed even this morning.

This morning SpybotSD found two infections;

VirtuMonde: Library (File, nothing done) D:\Programfiler\VSAdd-in\VSAdd-in.dll
VirtuMonde: Program directory (Directory, nothing done) D:\Programfiler\VSAdd-in\

Smitfraud-C.Toolbar888: Settings (Registry key, nothing done)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Araf15

Smitfraud-C.Toolbar888: Executable (File, nothing done)
C:\Documents and Settings\myname\Lokale innstillinger\Temp\removalfile.bat

They're both immunized. But how to remove them? What about the dll + + in my System32-folder? Here are my Hijackthis log [included som comments at the end of a few lines]:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 10:41:15, on 07.03.2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Unable to get Internet Explorer version!

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
D:\PROGRA~1\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe [antivirus - ok]
D:\PROGRA~1\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe [antivirus - ok]
D:\PROGRA~1\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe [antivirus - ok]
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
D:\Programfiler\DU Meter\DUMeter.exe [measure the traffic - ok]
D:\Programfiler\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe [firewall ok]
D:\Programfiler\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\type32.exe [MS keyboard - OK]
D:\Programfiler\Stickies\stickies.exe [notes - OK]
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Programfiler\Opera\Opera.exe [browser - ok]
D:\Programfiler\AVG Free\avgcc.exe [antivirus - ok]
D:\Programfiler\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.aftenposten.no/
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName = Koblinger
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [JMB36X Configure] C:\WINDOWS\system32\JMRaidSetup.exe boot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DU Meter] D:\Programfiler\DU Meter\DUMeter.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] "D:\Programfiler\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] D:\PROGRA~1\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [type32] "D:\Programfiler\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\type32.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [2chkdsk] rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\oylqfiwd.dll",setvm [this is one of the infected files listed above]
O4 - Startup: Stickies.lnk = D:\Programfiler\Stickies\stickies.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: &WordWeb... - res://C:\WINDOWS\wweb32.dll/lookup.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Add to filterlist (WebWasher) - http://-Web.Washer-/ie_add
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://D:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - D:\Programfiler\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - D:\Programfiler\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Programfiler\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Programfiler\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - D:\PROGRA~1\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - D:\PROGRA~1\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - D:\PROGRA~1\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
Anyone which can give me some good advice (like pskelley did for the other member) about how to go on and get rid of all these problems?
Is VundoFix the optimal tool for me as well?

pskelley
2007-03-07, 14:59
Welcome to the forum, seems you may have missed these instructions: "BEFORE you POST" Mandatory Steps Before Requesting Assistance
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288 be sure to review them, you can wait on the online antivirus scan, I will let you know if I need it later.

Please do not add information to the HJT log, we use a scanner and I have to remove that stuff before I can scan. I would like to rush right into this, seems it is vundo, but I need to have a look at what we are dealing with.

Return here: D:\Programfiler\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe <<< point your mouse and choose to rename HijackThis.exe. Call it LarsRoan.exe or whatever you wish. Restart the computer and post a new HJT log. I will respond as soon as possible after that with instruction. Please use Post Reply, stay in this topic.

I also need to suggest you stay offline as much as possible, this junk will attract more.

Thanks

LarsRoan
2007-03-07, 16:09
I'm sorry for adding information to the HJT log! Short time before your reply I got help at another forum; http://www.atribune.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3009&st=0#entry12802 The idea was not to ask for help all over, but I knew that this could very easily spread further on, and due to that I was in a hurry. Now I've succeeded to remove most of this shit. Anyhow, thanks for your reply pskelley.

I'll send over a log to the other forum - as long as I've described in detail what I have done in a trial to clean up.

best reg Lars Roan, Norway

pskelley
2007-03-07, 16:21
Thanks for letting me know, in the future if you need help, take the time to read the instructions, you would have read this:

Posters who start topics at multiple sites for their PC problem waste valuable volunteer resources, so please don't. Many of our volunteers are at several forums.

LarsRoan
2007-03-07, 17:27
You right! I'm sorry!

pskelley
2007-03-16, 21:37
Resolved and closed

Thanks