PDA

View Full Version : Reverse Tea Timer actions?

operaflute
2007-03-07, 19:58
Hello-
So I was looking around at tea timer yesterday and saw that, in the past, I accidentally blocked some changes when installing software (because of the little bug in the popup window.) I think it may be causing some problems.
Can I reversed the blocking?
Incidentally, while poking around, I must have inadvertanly blocked something pretty important. Spybot crashed, I had to shut down, and my computer would no longer reboot at all. I had to restore my drive from my backup... Egads.

md usa spybot fan
2007-03-07, 20:35
Can I reversed the blocking?

There is no facility within TeaTimer to reverse any Registry change decisions ("Allow change" or "Deny change") that you make with TeaTimer. You have to redo whatever you were doing so that the Registry change is done again (or manually edit the Registry).

If you would like to post the change that was made/not made perhaps someone can figure out what was happening at the time of the registry change. To do that:
Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Resident > page (scroll) to the bottom of the listing and highlight a portion of the log that shows the change you are questioning, then right click and select Copy. Paste (Ctrl+V) the log entries to another post in this thread.

If you checked "Remember this decision" on a change the information concerning that change it is stored in a file. TeaTimer uses that information to automatically "Allow change" or "Deny change" changes. That information can be edited.

To edit this information:Right click on the TeaTimer system tray icon and select Settings. This will bring up TeaTimer's "White & Black List". There are four (4) Buttons across the top of the "White & Black List":

Allowed processes
Blocked processes
Allowed registry changes
Blocked registry changes

Note: If you don't see all four buttons, try expanding the window to the right.

You can review all the entries that you have stored by clicking on these buttons. The entries that you should review are in "Allowed registry changes" and "Blocked registry changes". You can delete entries by clicking on the scripted black "X" to the right of the entry that you want to delete and then clicking the "OK" button when you're done. This will in effect make TeaTimer forget what you told it to remember so that during future changes to these items TeaTimer will issue a pop-up dialog rather then just a notification pop-up.