PDA

View Full Version : Different accounts

olsenjolly
2007-03-09, 14:13
When Spybot S&D is installed on one PC does it run on only one account on that PC or does it have full access to all accounts?
I am a newcomer to forums and hope that I have worded this question properly. Thanking you in anticipation.......::red:

md usa spybot fan
2007-03-09, 15:08
You have to go into each account and Immunize (see Note #1) and activate TeaTimer if desired (see Note#2). Spybot's IE Resident Browser Helper Object (BHO) "Permanently running bad download blocker for Internet Explorer" works across all accounts if activated from any account that has the authority to add a BHO. If you implement Spybot's HOST file from any account that has the authority it will also be effective across all accounts.

Although the entire system is scanned for most malware, due to restrictions in the Microsoft APIs (Application Program Interfaces) used by Spybot, the scan from one account does not include the Internet cache, cookies and some other user specific entries of other accounts.

Note #1: ActiveX Blocking and Cookie Blocking are effective for all accounts however immunization placing sites in the Restricted Zone is not and must be done on a per user basis.

Note #2: TeaTimer's startup entry is stored in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry hive as opposed to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE hive so that it will not start for all uses unless activated on a per user basis.

olsenjolly
2007-03-09, 21:34
Thank you for your reply which I found helpful and you replied so quick, great.
Thanks again to md usa:laugh: