PDA

View Full Version : Spybot and Arovaxshield: big problem...

MacPeter
2007-03-09, 22:36
Hello everybody,

I am new here and already with a problem:D:

On a French forum lots of Spybot users told me that they had a problem installing Arovaxshield: last four versions if I remember well.

Spybot stops the installation warning the user that there is a malware in Arovaxshield - Antivermins - and stops the installation.

But if Teatimer is disabled and Arovaxshield is installed Spybot does not find the same malware during the next scan(after installing Arovaxshield and reactivating Teatimer)

Well. those French-speaking users, including myself:D: , would like to know what to do to solve the problem.

Thank you for your answers.

Yodama
2007-03-15, 10:41
hi,

this appears to be a false positive with older versions of Arovaxshield, teatimer detects the installer only. With the current version of Arovaxshield this does not happen anymore.
If you still want to install an older version of Arovaxshield deactivate Teatimer during installation.

It is possible for us to exclude the old installers from our detection if the files are provided, if you still have them please submit them to
detections-at-spybot.info (replace -at- with @) and name the subject like FP Arovaxshield.

MacPeter
2007-03-15, 20:00
Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

It happened with the latest version of Arovaxshield 2.1.95 on a computer with Win 2000 Pro SP4. The problem did not disappear.

I could send you this version.

MacPeter
2007-03-15, 23:59
Hello everybody,

Here is the latest version v2.1.95 that keeps on causing the same problem:

http://www.arovaxshield.com/download.php

Yodama
2007-03-20, 16:09
hi,

the false positive labeling the Arovaxshield installers as Antivermins has been corrected.
You may need to restart Teatimer for it to accept the actual detection rules.

MacPeter
2007-03-20, 23:49
Hi,

Thanks for the answer.