PDA

View Full Version : browser redirect issue (Like 'back button')Ther has anyone seen this???

wired
2007-03-14, 22:58
I was give na friends laptop b/c she was too flustered to deal with this issue. I have spybot,adaware and hijack this loaded so I can provide anything nec.

Symptoms:
Both IE and firefox revert any page to whatever the set homepage is.

Additionally, opening any windows explorer page and trying to traverse sub directories also always brings you 'back' to the starting location.

It's pretty hard to do anything meaningful with the PC and I certainly understand her aggrivation.

Being a techie, I was able to change the homepage to kaspersky's online scanner and scan the drive. There were two Trojans it detected that adaware, spybot and McAffee did not. (Both were in he outlook email of course). Firstwas Trojan-Spy.HTML.Bankfraud.qy and second was Trojan-PSW.Win32.Small.bs

I removedboth emails but don't know if MS outlook really removed them as I didn't see and sort of compress utility there is in outlook express.

I'm open to suggestions. Please help.

Thanks.

tashi
2007-03-15, 16:27
Hello.

Please see the procedure for posting in this forum: "BEFORE you POST" Mandatory Steps Before Requesting Assistance (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Post the requested information into this topic, and a helper will advise you as soon as available.

Cheers.

tashi
2007-03-27, 07:22
This topic has been archived.

If you need it re-opened please send me a private message (pm) and provide a link to the thread. Applies only to the original poster, anyone else with similar problems please start a new topic.